Gael Clichy - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to think that he will still be here next season. I don't see us buying 2 new LBs and I think he will remain as a squad player. Shudders.

Waste of space. Many goals this year (someone on here said at least 12) due his failure to close down a cross.

That we started an FA Cup semi with him and Navas as our fullbacks is criminal negligence. Must be our first offseason priority, obviously.

It should be noted that if he has 2 opponents on his wing and often has to wait for support. If the support doesn't arrive on time, he has to back off. Which allows the crosser space to put a cross in.

But hey....

I thought he was bad today but I've just seen the highlights and I now realise I was wrong. He was worse than that.

His powder puff attempt at stopping the cross was pathetic. Just dangled his leg. He knew it as well because his head visibley dropped. He seems to be involved every time we concede.

Last edited:
It should be noted that if he has 2 opponents on his wing and often has to wait for support. If the support doesn't arrive on time, he has to back off. Which allows the crosser space to put a cross in.

He had more support than Navas, to be fair

But hey....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.