Game of Thrones - Season 6

As I said in my previous post, its never been more popular and won the Emmy for best drama series, so as long as there is a will and an audience it will carry on. It has another series or 2 after this one planned.

Didn't Breaking Bad still have the audience? Prison Break? X-Files? I'm pretty sure all of these shows fans didn't want to end..

Didn't Breaking Bad still have the audience? Prison Break? X-Files? I'm pretty sure all of these shows fans didn't want to end..

Breaking Bad ended but the spin offs will continue, Better Call Saul might just be the first. Prison Break and Xfiles they went to shit and their audience completely fell off towards the end, they had a loyal hardcore but not much else.

Not many shows win the Emmy for the first time and then end, its at the height of its powers at the moment.

Martin really fucked this up. I'm glad the series is being pried from his slow-typing hands by HBO.

The show runners need to up their game. Unfortunately they've started to rush the show and and it.. shows

Hardhome (ep 8) was one of the best hours of TV I've ever seen but they they completely botched Dorne and the Sand Snakes.

They were in a tough spot. The Sand Snakes aren't very realistic for a fantasy setting.

Last edited:
The show isn't his responsibility so I don't see how you can claim he "fucked this up".

HBO wanted to make a series based on the source material available at the time, it's up to them to handle their own series.

Huh???

He definitely fucked up. Made excuse after excuse for why he couldn't write. He complained that he couldn't write on the road, yet attended conferences and readings all the time. He even wrote other material in between books. Got too much power, decided he didn't need an editor's advice any longer, which is why the last 2 books were so poor in quality compared to the first three. Pissed off his fans when he reacted angrily to questions like "why can't you write a book sooner than 5 years?" Went after fanfiction authors too.

Brilliant author, but too much of an asshole, unfortunately. Now he gets to watch his story told by others.

What gets me is that with just about every complaint about the show, comes a spoiler. Fuckers. As I usually watch the show online before they do, I might return the compliment, see how they like it. I think people forget its the largest ever TV show in terms of crew and cast, they simply cant include everything and some people are going to be upset at what has been left out or that they dont get things exactly as they had imagined it, with them forgetting peoples imaginations do vary. I read an interview with the producers and they said they had colour coding with stickers for each crew for each scene so they knew what arc it was and where it went into the show, so they had a feel of how and where things fitted in as to not lose track, quite important with so many filming hours and so many people involved, they ran out of distinctive colours quite early on and have moved onto polka dot stickers to track things and they still get confused and muddled up.

I'm not upset as I've not read the books, I intend to do that when the series has finished and if Martin ever gets around to finishing them.

I have a couple of friends who think they're really clever by giving "almost spoilers" by hinting at something and giving clues I didn't ask for. They're not the brightest or most subtle so they always end up spoiling everything. Luckily I got bored of Homeland before they totally ruined the twist at the end of season 3. My other mate was stood next to me and he's a big fan of that show so he was livid.

And that's without going into how much I have to avoid social media if I don't get to see the episode early on. My missus watches Grey's Anatomy and she's still not got over the BBC posting plot spoilers from the final episode straight after it aired.

He definitely fucked up. Made excuse after excuse for why he couldn't write. He complained that he couldn't write on the road, yet attended conferences and readings all the time. He even wrote other material in between books. Got too much power, decided he didn't need an editor's advice any longer, which is why the last 2 books were so poor in quality compared to the first three. Pissed off his fans when he reacted angrily to questions like "why can't you write a book sooner than 5 years?" Went after fanfiction authors too.

Brilliant author, but too much of an asshole, unfortunately. Now he gets to watch his story told by others.

He definitely fucked up. You can see how much the show begins to deviate from the books starting in season 4, presumably because the writers/producers knew Martin was unlikely to finish his books on time. How many people are going to be arsed to read an alternative to the story told by the show? It all probably will have the same/similar ending that Martin must have shared with the show writers.
Would've liked to read the books before the show, but that ship sailed 2 years ago.

I have a couple of friends who think they're really clever by giving "almost spoilers" by hinting at something and giving clues I didn't ask for. They're not the brightest or most subtle so they always end up spoiling everything. Luckily I got bored of Homeland before they totally ruined the twist at the end of season 3. My other mate was stood next to me and he's a big fan of that show so he was livid.

And that's without going into how much I have to avoid social media if I don't get to see the episode early on. My missus watches Grey's Anatomy and she's still not got over the BBC posting plot spoilers from the final episode straight after it aired.

I dont do social media that much but I kept being told by people I know to wait for the red wedding over and over, so it wasnt much of a shock and a bit of a let down, I stopped listening to them and refused to discuss it with them after that, even when they tried I just didnt listen.

Homeland series 3 was a big let down for me as well, however I stuck with it and its picked back up in series 4 and 5, you might want to give it another try if you enjoyed the first couple of series mate.

Huh???

It's his creative output so I would never try and tell the guy when he needs to be releasing his next one. I get the impatience from fans but it's tough shit really. This is part of a legacy he will be leaving behind probably sooner rather than later (as people keep telling him) and I think he has every right to take as long as he wants.

As you've said, others will now carry on the story so I don't see what the issue is. Just because a lot of people bought a copy doesn't mean they have the right to tell him when he needs to release his next book.

HBO knew the kind of eccentric arsehole they were dealing with and I doubt he ever promised them that he'd be finished in time for when they caught up so the ball's now in their court.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.