Game of Thrones - Season 6

One of the articles I noticed this week was about an actual poster for season 6 of a certain dead character. And it wasn't Jon Snow.

Now ive not read the books but I remember Lena Headey tweeted a hint of the Lady Stoneheart character appearing a couple of years ago - which turned out to be bollocks (well for last season anyway).

The poster of this person implied that they are maybe doing a version of Lady Stoneheart but with a different character.

Might just be rubbish though and they could be using him as a face for one of Arya's revenge missions.

I like the way King sees the adaptations of his work - ie the book is his and anything else (films, TV etc) is a totally separate (albeit related) product line.

With a bit of luck we've reached that point with ASOI&F and Game of Thrones. Hopefully GRRM will find the removal of the converging timelines pressure helps him to focus on completing his work. The fans' fear of a James Oliver Rigney Jnr scenario will remain constant until he has however!

Huh???

He definitely fucked up. Made excuse after excuse for why he couldn't write. He complained that he couldn't write on the road, yet attended conferences and readings all the time. He even wrote other material in between books. Got too much power, decided he didn't need an editor's advice any longer, which is why the last 2 books were so poor in quality compared to the first three. Pissed off his fans when he reacted angrily to questions like "why can't you write a book sooner than 5 years?" Went after fanfiction authors too.

Brilliant author, but too much of an asshole, unfortunately. Now he gets to watch his story told by others.
I think Feast for Crows was poor but A Dance with Dragons was fantastic

How long can this keep going for!? surely they have milked the cash cow so much already..

Time for some new ideas and shows. You can't keep relying on the same format.

There is a reason even the greatest shows (like Prison Break, X-Files, BB, Friends, LOST etc) eventually stopped. Because no matter how popular something is, there is a very limited shelf life. It is because people's attention span is for only so long..

There's only been 50 episodes (10 episodes a season) of Game of Thrones compare that to the 236 episodes of Friends and you realise it's not really been dragged out that much. I think there's about 2 or 3 seasons left of it anyway which will cover the entire Game of Thrones novels (including the ones yet to be released) and given that'll take the series to a complete total of 80-90 episodes which for a popular TV series these days is about standard.

Can't wait for this. Unsure what direction it will be taken in, but hopefully it doesn't start poorly like season five did.

I'm just about to start a season five rewatch, and yeah I remember now it was rather slow..
Ah well it's still GoT I'll survive!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.