Gary Lineker Interviews Pep | BBC 2 at 22:00

I personally feel Pep has an agreement with the owners that he will stay until we win the CL. Not sure why, probably based mucho on fantasy but tie ins with Girona and the sheik providing money for that might be part of it. Other reasons too, the type of players he is buying, would players who came here because of him really come if he is here for just 3 years? I beleive he is telling them he is here long term.
I hope he stays long term but also hope we win the champs league short term in the next two years rather the long term !

No he doesn't, he's a realist who's saying (perhaps in poor phrasing) that City aspires to be on the same level as the recognised giants in European football but that doesn't imply that we're a small club, it merely conveys the ambitions of the club.
Or do you honestly believe that City have established themselves like Real, Barça, Bayern and the likes, have?
This.

Personally I think Pep wants to do to City what Cruyff did for Barca, well thats my dream.
Yes ! Realistically, I think he'll stay 5 years. The philosophy should be embedded by then. The next manager will have to be of the same mind. Khaldoon should think about that soon and start looking and making contact with likely youngish managers.

I only skimmed through it before work this morning but Pep came across well in his belief of his tactics but also his pragmatism.
I think there was a part where he said something about how he wants his teams to play but that ultimately great clubs have to win trophies.
He knows that you can play all of the silky football you like but ultimately you have to win trophies.
I believe with this squad of players we should be winning trophies and i really think we're on the verge of something special.

I thought pep looked extremely happy and spoke with real affection for the club and the players here. hope he stays for a decade

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.