Gary Neville - lest we forget..

Despite his affiliation to United, he’s a good commentator and pundit.

He’s much more of an asset to Sky than the likes of Thompson (who criticised De Bruyne for attending our Amazon premiere), Redknapp and Merson.

He’s much more of an asset to Sky than the likes of Thompson (who criticised De Bruyne for attending our Amazon premiere), Redknapp and Merson.
Best pundit by a long way.

He’s very likeable as a pundit. Knowledgable, articulate and usually bang on the money.

He’s united through and through but it doesn’t bother me when he can clearly be objective.

He can be objective in the studio and I agree with your description above however when he's co-commentating the mask slips and the snide digs come out, he can't help himself.

Yep,he definitely included the word 'unfortunately'

I'd expect nothing different from a diehard,jealous,rag to be fair.

I like that he doesn't hide the fact that we bother him. If he was being fake and pretending like hes all for us taking over the world I think that would annoy people a bit more

On Sky?

Quite possibly. I sometimes enjoy listening to Souness and Henry too, and I think the addition of some former (?) female players will prove to be a good move. Alex Scott seems to know her stuff.

Best pundit,full stop.

Alex Scott is a breath of fresh air,she's brilliant and very knowledgeable.My fear is that other female 'experts' are being forced onto our screens for the wrong reason,namely they suit narrative and tick a box.

He can be objective in the studio and I agree with your description above however when he's co-commentating the mask slips and the snide digs come out, he can't help himself.

Still doesn't bother me. I'd be the same if I was a commentator. In fact I'd be having a field day right now with the state they are in.

Phil Thompson is a suit stain on the media landscape. From the jealous hatred of sterling leaving Liverpool to the anti city tweets he keeps putting out there. He has a pro Liverpool agenda and is using his Sky platform to influence things in favour of liverpool. And when you think of the billion pound business involved it's so fkin unfair for Liverpool to have representatives in the media influencing peoples opinions. And utd. That cartel still needs breaking up more.

Still doesn't bother me. I'd be the same if I was a commentator. In fact I'd be having a field day right now with the state they are in.

Fair enough, it gets on my nerves, particularly things like accusing City players of diving and failing to call out oppo players for the same thing. He pissed me off over the Ederson/Mane incident last season too, took him an age to say he hopes Ederson is ok, more concerned with bemoaning the decision for ruining the game. Also laughing at Bravo when he had to come off injured in another game.

An articulate, insightful pundit but a scummy, rag **** of a co-commentator in my book.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.