Gary Neville

The fornicator is my favourite pundit, I'm sorry to say. He is ridiculously even handed. It was such a turn up for the books considering how much he hated City and the Red Scouse when he was a player. Who can forget the pre-match tunnel snubbing of Schmeichel on the last Maine Road derby day, (and this happened even though rat boy was captain for that match). Then there was his head-long charge towards the Kop after the Rags go a lucky last minute winner a few years back with a murderous look on his face.

He seems to have matured, it has be said.

Football wise he's quite insightful. Stands out like a beacon in comparison to someone like Owen or his brother.

He wasn't the most talented player, but had a long and successful career at the top level. That in itself is an indicator of how he used his brain as well as his feet.

I do find that he makes some very subtle points about City. On MNF I recall him talking about Aguero and opining that "he always plays on the verge of offside".

This is a phrase that I've never heard before. It's usually the shoulder of the last defender. For me it was an attempt to suggest Aguero should be flagged more often. He then put a montage together where the narrative was effectively how to nulify the threat of Aguero.

As accurate and informative as it was, I doubt he would do a similar feature about Van Persie or any other Utd striker.

Pam said:
The fornicator is my favourite pundit, I'm sorry to say. He is ridiculously even handed. It was such a turn up for the books considering how much he hated City and the Red Scouse when he was a player. Who can forget the pre-match tunnel snubbing of Schmeichel on the last Maine Road derby day, (and this happened even though rat boy was captain for that match). Then there was his head-long charge towards the Kop after the Rags go a lucky last minute winner a few years back with a murderous look on his face.

He seems to have matured, it has be said.

And you must be mellowing. You do know he's a Rag fucker ? ;-)

Watched a US stream yesterday, don't know the commentator but Lee Dixon co-commentated, was the 1st time this season I've not turned the sound off after 5 mins. Caught some of Tyler/Chuckle in the after match thread and the difference was astonishing. Was a blessed relief to sit through 90 mins without a hint of snidey bias.

jimharri said:
Him and Souness are the two best pundits out there, by a distance. Also have a lot of time for the likes of Danny Murphy, Don Goodman, Peter Beagrie, even Carragher (if it wasn't for that bloody accent!).Compare any of the above to the two wankers on MOTD last night, or anyone on ITV, or "little Michael" Owen.
Souness is not a good pundit. He is one of the worst. He is always wrong, gets his facts wrong, misreads tactics and misreads games. The only good thing about him is that he is his own man and gives an honest opinion.

I only watch English TV, but Neville, Carragher and Henry are leagues above every other pundit in the country. Neville being the most articulate in English. What amazes me is how Neville can have such a fantastic understanding of football and his brother Phil be such an idiot. Phil grew up speaking to Gary all his life. You would have thought some of the knowledge would have seeped in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.