Gas & Electricity

Charged the car 5 times will do it. The idea with electric cars is you dont put petrol in them. You are fueling it, just off your leccy. If its too much to cope with for now just have her drive a petrol blower
I know that, and it's still cheaper than what we'd have spent at the pump, but even without the extra for charging the car it's around the £80 a week mark for electric, it's crazy.

Not lying, had no TV, lights, sockets, heating on & my smart metre during boiling moved 45p

True or not people need to be worried these cnts are taking the piss

All my lights are off now, candles, TV, fridge & Internet only on

All internal doors shut to try keep heat in & Christmas l8ghts only 6-8pm

Do another reading after 47 days & see whether trying hard not to use the heating & dave on lights what it actually costs

Just got a feeling no matter how hard you try & save the supliers will still charge you
Assuming you've a 3KW kettle and also assuming you're paying 50p per KW. It'll take one hour of solid boiling for a spend of £1.50.
ie. 20 mins boiling will set you back £0.50. By my guesstimate you should be getting 5 brews out of that, at the very least.

I’ve buckled on the heating over the last few days, stopped thinking about the cost I’m just not going to be cold, fuck that.

Heating has been on for about an average of 7/8 hours a day.

I’ve buckled on the heating over the last few days, stopped thinking about the cost I’m just not going to be cold, fuck that.

Heating has been on for about an average of 7/8 hours a day.
It’s going to be minus again all next week parked car up at 4 pm it’s all frosted up already gone 2 bed cardigan on and 2 quilts timer set for 5 for heating to come on in the morning

I think our owner should put his hand in his pocket and give us 100 grand each he wouldn’t miss it sending him a photo of how I’m living

Attachments

• EB87EA0B-3658-4517-B9EB-23BAEB4B0005.jpeg
    EB87EA0B-3658-4517-B9EB-23BAEB4B0005.jpeg
    21.1 KB · Views: 20
Boiler managed two hrs , thought i could do without heating but didnt know this really cold snap would happen , be gutted if my dd goes up again having just gone up estimated on last winter , what can you do , worrying
Sounds tough kaz. Is it purely an affordability issue? Have you spoken to the supplier to see if they can help you in any way. Staying warm in these temperatures is vital.

I've just attempted to be a bit of a nerd and work out where I’m up to with gas this month….

Does this sound about right?

Looks like in the 10 days between my readings I’ve used approx 120m3 of gas, so using a simple average let‘s say 12 units per day, which then using the formula they give on the bill means I’m using approx 136kw/h per day of gas.

Taking off the government assistance it seems to show on my tariff with Octopus I’m charged just under 10p/kWh so approx £13.60 per day gas being used this month.

I've totted up my hours of heating over the 10 days and I’m averaging 6 hours per day, so just over £2 per hour for my heating being on.

If I carry on at that rate my monthly gas bill should be circa £400.

Add on my electric and I’ll soon be eating in to my credit built up!

Sounds tough kaz. Is it purely an affordability issue? Have you spoken to the supplier to see if they can help you in any way. Staying warm in these temperatures is vital.
It is down to money esentially , i have to open my bodily functions etc for my pip assessment i dont want to open my financial stuff as well to edf , heaven knows how they use the info , i dont move around a lot but i am in loads of layers , gloves and fleecy hoodie jim jams on the way

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.