Gas & Electricity

I've just attempted to be a bit of a nerd and work out where I’m up to with gas this month….

Does this sound about right?

Looks like in the 10 days between my readings I’ve used approx 120m3 of gas, so using a simple average let‘s say 12 units per day, which then using the formula they give on the bill means I’m using approx 136kw/h per day of gas.

Taking off the government assistance it seems to show on my tariff with Octopus I’m charged just under 10p/kWh so approx £13.60 per day gas being used this month.

I've totted up my hours of heating over the 10 days and I’m averaging 6 hours per day, so just over £2 per hour for my heating being on.

If I carry on at that rate my monthly gas bill should be circa £400.

Add on my electric and I’ll soon be eating in to my credit built up!
I've used 41m3 (about 465kWh) in that period, gas usage just for heating/hot water, no cooking.

It is down to money esentially , i have to open my bodily functions etc for my pip assessment i dont want to open my financial stuff as well to edf , heaven knows how they use the info , i dont move around a lot but i am in loads of layers , gloves and fleecy hoodie jim jams on the way
God that sounds bad. What is this country coming to when you can’t stay warm without jumping through hoops. Have you had a look at the household support fund via the council?

God that sounds bad. What is this country coming to when you can’t stay warm without jumping through hoops. Have you had a look at the household support fund via the council?
They all want access to bank account statements and all ins and out and savings etc , i just feel nothing is worth doing that for , i have to have some pride left, just a bit

They all want access to bank account statements and all ins and out and savings etc , i just feel nothing is worth doing that for , i have to have some pride left, just a bit
It's not about pride (or even invasion of privacy) Kaz, it's to weed out the nev' do wells who try and scam the system.

Bite the bullet and get help. Do you qualify for the £150 warm home discount?

Should not be happening to people . Sod’s law we are having an extremely cold winter . When it’s going up ridiculously. I am sat here typing this with three layers and a fleecy poncho on . Waiting till 4.30 pm when I can put the heating on for my 4hrs a day budget . It’s miserable

It's not about pride (or even invasion of privacy) Kaz, it's to weed out the nev' do wells who try and scam the system.

If on pip she will do my mrs just received it and shell energy are matching it too. Plus also get 25 quid everytime the weather is 0 or lower for 7 days in a row.

It is about pride , i have been assessed so many times and have to tell them every health condition and i am worn down by it , they sap all your pride out of you the benefits system , i just cant open up my paltry private bank stuff as well, i just cant

Should not be happening to people . Sod’s law we are having an extremely cold winter . When it’s going up ridiculously. I am sat here typing this with three layers and a fleecy poncho on . Waiting till 4.30 pm when I can put the heating on for my 4hrs a day budget . It’s miserable
Pretty much same for me too..Heating at morning 8 and at evening 8. This makes the room bearable for 2hrs after 8. Otherwise I am wrapped in 3 layers with 2 sets of socks..deary me can't wait for this frozen period to end..Atleast 5-6 degree Celsius outside would life easier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.