Georgi Kinkladze

Without question he was a victim of circumstance. Sacking of the manager, Jari Litmanen issue, played out of position.

Undoubtedly he never fulfilled his potential but what a player to watch. There was no better player in the league 95/96 which is quite remarkable for a 20 year old plucked out of Georgia.

Anyway where is that video?
The agenda one?

There isn't an agenda, apparently.....

I always regret I never went over to watch him. Met him once in a pub and waited outside the ground on 'Kinkladze day' (last game 96/97 season) to beg him to stay. He looked distraught at the thought of leaving and overwhelmed by the crowds reaction to him. Will always be a legend in my eyes.

Home to Reading wasn't it? He was a beacon of light in those stinking dark days and I will cherish the memory of some of his performances (Newcastle, Southend, Oxford, Leicester, to name a few) until my dying day. He had his faults but he was beautiful to watch

Without question he was a victim of circumstance. Sacking of the manager, Jari Litmanen issue, played out of position.

Undoubtedly he never fulfilled his potential but what a player to watch. There was no better player in the league 95/96 which is quite remarkable for a 20 year old plucked out of Georgia.

Anyway where is that video?
No better player?

Dennis Bergkamp disapproves of this post.

Mate, I'm a blue through and through, and loved kinky. I even thought Hughes was genuinely better than Giggs, I have some strongly tinted blue specs, but come on...

Ha ha you my friend know absolutely fuck all about football but don't worry you won't be on your own on this thread .

I know Silva played well against Hull away also

Whereas Kinkladze played well against the footballing giants of Oxford United away! Haha!

Loved watching Kinkladze play, he was the only thing worth turning up to watch at some points. Brilliant on his day and still the best dribbler I've ever seen for us.

But let's be realistic. He was the best player in a team that got relegated to the third division. This current team have won two league titles and got to a semi-final of the Champions League.

To compare him to today's players is a bit embarrassing for the lad, just remember the good memories, but don't ruin it.

Oh dear.......comedy is still alive and kicking- something which most of Gio's team mates at the time weren't often doing. Heart of a mouse!!! Ha ha - did you see the kickings he got every week once we left the PL yet came back for more? Sure he had some poor games, all players do, but he was a dribbling genius in a team that was largely dross and managed by Alan Ball, Phil Neal and the rest. It seems perplexing how people can't see what an exciting player he was. Oh and btw playing on left wing for Ajax is like putting Fernando there. Truth was they did not want him playing instead of Litmanen

This great, who featured in teams that were relegated twice in consecutive seasons.!

Hacked every week?, you obviously did not attend football matches in the 60's and 70's..... I watched Peter Barnes at 17 get kicked into touch every weekend and in the 1st minute of the game, he just got up and got on with it...players did in those days....Kinky was a tart and a waster...such a shame for City and the player himself

Hes hardly a household name even in deepest Georgia

Maybe she's only followed us since the takeover?

Saying he's unheard of outside of Manchester is a bit of a stretch. That's if we're even entertaining the idea that global recognition would be a decent way of measuring the talents of any player who played for us in those times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.