Georgi Kinkladze

Kinky was my favourite player for a long time and the best City player I saw live until Silva.

If I were to name my top ten blues discounting the fact that bravo or kolarov don't feature, nor does Gio. I genuinely did love him but for all the obvious (silva toure aguero etc) there are Morrison goater dickov weaver who for me I'll hold in greater affection

I was with Ric last night at the Elizabethan, I had a good chat with Kinkladze for about 5 minutes got my picture took and was pretty relaxed and friendly. Told me he lives over in Moscow and he has a son over here but he is into Rugby! he didn't look too impressed. Said it was a mistake going to Ajax and he shook his head and said he didn't like it played out of position. Said he still loves City.

I won't have a bad word said about him. He will be remembered for some magical moments and some magical goals during those years where we had little to shout about in all honesty. He was a ray of light in them days back then. Nowhere near our greatest ever player but he should be at least revered by us fans when u think back.

I remember his debut v Tottenham , you knew straight away he had a box full of tricks.

Agreed. You could tell what a special player he was. I was at Platt Lane watching training the week before that game and in the days when you could pretty much join in. Francis Lee was wandering round proudly telling anyone who would listen how good Kinkladze was.

Loved him. Named a cat after him. As others have said, a shining light in a sea of dross. A lazy fuck if he didn't have the ball but, like Le Tiss, a genius on it. In a different time he might, and it's a big might, have shone brighter than he did, but for me, those memories of genius will never fade. We can't compare him to anyone in the current side as it's a different game nowadays.

that much of a genius he never played top flight football in a decent team. wouldn't get near the present team
The same could be said of Matt Le Tissier, but just like Kinkladze he was beyond loyal to his team. Kinkladze was happy to stay at City in the 2nd Division, but Royle wanted the 5m fee to rebuild our shit squad, so he was sold.

Kinkladze was a rose that sprouted out of a pile of steaming manure. Who knows what he could have achieved with a good manager in a better set up. He's still a legendary City entertainer to me, and was sometimes worth the admission fee alone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.