Getting a dog and picking up

Who was the first twat who decided it would be a good idea to pick up the shite? There was dog shit everywhere when i was a kid, i kinda miss stepping in it. Why don't horse riders clean up after they deposit a big steaming one on the road?

A lad I used to know trained his dog to do it on the road, if it shits on the road you don't have to pick it up, only if it's on pavements or in parks, where people are expected to walk.

Who was the first twat who decided it would be a good idea to pick up the shite? There was dog shit everywhere when i was a kid, i kinda miss stepping in it. Why don't horse riders clean up after they deposit a big steaming one on the road?
It's a great opportunity for the righteously indignant among us to have some fun. Ever seen the look on a dog walker's face when you pick it up for them? Priceless.

I have finally worn down Mr Blumers and we pick up our Cocker Spaniel on 26th July and I cannot wait.

Worsley we can share picking up dogshit tips a couple of weeks down the line

Makes me think women like dogs more than they like men. See loads of women picking up dog crap but I bet none of them would pick up a blokes.

Somehow my family have managed to acquire a dog, against my best wishes I should add (I was outvoted 3-1). Quick question for all you dog types out there, at what point will he stop pissing in the house and trying to destroy all my possessions? Thanks in advance.

30b1ytg.png

It's a shame that inventor bloke doesn't post on here anymore. I'm sure he could invent a solution - like modifying one of those muslamic ray-gun thingys for domestic purposes such as obliterating canine faeces for example.

Could also be handy for bringing down wasps and other annoying flying insects.

Somehow my family have managed to acquire a dog, against my best wishes I should add (I was outvoted 3-1). Quick question for all you dog types out there, at what point will he stop pissing in the house and trying to destroy all my possessions? Thanks in advance.

30b1ytg.png

I got one in September.

Within a month it had learned to only piss on the puppy pads we bought, and now 3 months since he arrived he's pretty much house trained as long as he's not left on his own for longer than 2-3 hours.

Also we took him to the same place in the garden every time he needed to go, and now he only shits in that one patch of grass which is quite handy, so I'd advise trying that.

Is that a basset? You might be interested in one of those conical water bowls - my friend had a basset and until he got one of those it would just dip it's ears in the water when it drank, and then they dripped water all round the house for the next few minutes.

As for trying to eat everything... for the first 6-8 weeks he'd eat anything he came across, once he found a piece of coal by the barbecue and was trying to tuck into that before I pried it off him. But again, after 3 months he's much less inquisitive and it's more a case of not letting him go mad on the same few things he likes to chew on.

Last edited:
I got one in September.

Within a month it had learned to only piss on the puppy pads we bought, and now 2 1/2 months since he arrived he's pretty much house trained as long as he's not left on his own for longer than 2-3 hours.

Also we took him to the same place in the garden every time he needed to go, and now he only shits in that one patch of grass which is quite handy, so I'd advise trying that.

Is that a basset?

Cheers mate, sounds like good advice with the shitting patch. He’s a “Springbatt” apparently, half bassett, half springer spaniel.

Cheers mate, sounds like good advice with the shitting patch. He’s a “Springbatt” apparently, half bassett, half springer spaniel.

Sounds like a nice mix. I added a few more things about chewing - my advice is to enjoy the first few weeks until he learns how to climb stairs. And take a lot of photos because they grow insanely fast.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.