Gig Economy/Side hussle Tax crackdown

Because it seemed a pointless post by Eccles (who I love to bits). Bankers bonuses aren’t a reason why anyone is feeling the pinch and bemoaning them whilst feeling the pinch but spending a great deal of money on watching some of the highest paid athletes on the planet seems rather odd.
Bankers shouldn’t get bonuses until every single fucker who suffered due to austerity brought in by bankers mates to pay off the money said bankers caused the world to nearly collapse get back to the level of incomes and services that were cut due to those wankers sorry bankers, then maybe people wouldn’t be as worse off as they are now.
As for footballers they shouldn’t get that either but I doubt my £385 really pays their wages anyway it’s more from sponsors and tv, mine pays for the steward, the grounds man and I’m good with that.

Just to be clear, he was paying his accountant every year, as per usual.
Hmrc came knocking, for no apparent reason other than a random check.
The work that his accountant had to do to satisfy hmrc cost my friend 10k in extra work.
You've obviously never been investigated by hmrc.
I've no problem paying tax, I've been self employed and I know the score.
Your condescending attitude helps no one in a general discussion.
"Sugar tits"
really?
Not all of us enjoy a lifestyle like yours, some of us have to buy and sell to make a few quid.
It's not drugs, or cars, it's a pair of trainers or a shirt.
If you think that should be taxed, then I'm afraid you're so far out of touch (or out of the country) then I can't help you.
I’ve got an online retail side hustle that I already pay tax on in the U.K. despite not living there as I run it like a proper business.

If you sell 10 pairs of trainers, your profit still isn’t going to be taxed. So no, it’s not a T-shirt or pair of trainers at all is it.

Why should someone pay no tax on a second income online when they would if they decided to have a second job working behind a bar?

As for condescending attitude, when your first two replies to me were “oh dear”, did you believe that would make me warm to discussing anything with you?

Hang on a minute here. Check your maths
I’m talking about annually, not the £10k he’s supposed to have had to fork out once HMRC thought his books were dodgy. I never paid more than £1,000 to have an accountant complete the assessment on any U.K. enterprise I’ve had in the U.K. with annual turnover circa £100k hence the 1%.

I really shouldn’t post after watching Question Time! :-)
Mind you I’ve only managed to watch them once this season due to mobility and health issues. Not that I’m playing the martyr card, as I told my doctor on Tuesday, I wake up every morning! That’ll do me. :-)
Ah sorry to hear that Eccles. Hope we smash them on Sunday for you. :-)

Ha ha the more I look at this reply, the more I realise what a **** we're dealing with here.
Second income? You condescending ****.
Please tell me you're just a massive clarkie?
If not, fuck off anyway, you sir, are all that's wrong with the UK.
Not that you give a fuck, given that you don't live here, sat there pretending to be an expert on something.
Wanker

I really don’t think if I sold an old pair of trainers for £8.50 on eBay that I’d be getting the curly finger from HMRC. It’s people who are selling new gear on there, in the thousands each month,that they’re targeting. That’s not someone ‘trying to make ends meet’ it’s someone making a 5-figure salary each year and dodging tax.

And there lies the rub, it’s exactly as JOGAGIMOG states, this is intended for people increasing their income (that’s profit, not turnover) by thousands each year, and not paying tax on it.

It’s no different to people having to pay tax on second properties that are let out.

Keep calling me a **** all you like @crublue1 - it doesn’t change the fact that I’m correct on this.

I haven’t sold anything on eBay for a while but often used to. I had no idea I had to declare it for tax.

Don’t worry the bankers will still get their unlimited bonuses!! The cap will be lifted next week.
I’m certain the NHS workers and every other ordinary working class person will also get uncapped bonuses!! Oops they don’t even get a bonus do they. :-(
They probably won’t even get a pay rise. But the rich will get richer and the poor poorer!

Apologies, rant over. Feeling the pinch tonight. :-)
It’s the bankers who run things for those richest you talk about. Even politicians evidently haven’t got a clue what’s going on, they are just nodding dogs for the bankers and rich.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.