Gig Economy/Side hussle Tax crackdown

Because it seemed a pointless post by Eccles (who I love to bits). Bankers bonuses aren’t a reason why anyone is feeling the pinch and bemoaning them whilst feeling the pinch but spending a great deal of money on watching some of the highest paid athletes on the planet seems rather odd.
Oh, that clears it up then.
Good grief

Oh, that clears it up then.
Good grief
Glad you decided to get involved.

Then again you’re shocked when a business owners pays for their own accountants so it’s fair to say that cogent thought isn’t your strong suit.

Hang on, what.

If he employed accountants on his own behalf then who was expected to pay for them other than him?

If he’s turning over £100k per year then surely it makes sense to spend 1% of that per year on an accountant to do your books once a year no?
Just to be clear, he was paying his accountant every year, as per usual.
Hmrc came knocking, for no apparent reason other than a random check.
The work that his accountant had to do to satisfy hmrc cost my friend 10k in extra work.
You've obviously never been investigated by hmrc.
I've no problem paying tax, I've been self employed and I know the score.
Your condescending attitude helps no one in a general discussion.
"Sugar tits"
really?
Not all of us enjoy a lifestyle like yours, some of us have to buy and sell to make a few quid.
It's not drugs, or cars, it's a pair of trainers or a shirt.
If you think that should be taxed, then I'm afraid you're so far out of touch (or out of the country) then I can't help you.

Eh? 1% of £100k is £1k unless I’m missing something
Not sure what you're doubting mate?
An accountant will charge a grand or so to do your books per year.
Turnover is pretty irrelevant, unless of course your company is earning millions, when it gets more complicated.
Depends on the company, and how many you employ.
Wages, etc, generate more paperwork

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.