Give Hughes the chance to sort this **** out.

LEE BRADBURY said:
ManCityX said:
Certain players need to take a long hard look at themselves after today, these 'certain players' weren't brought to the club by Hughes either. After December with Sven we were getting knocked out of the FA Cup by the likes of Sheffield United and putting up some performances which almost rivaled the Pearce era in terms of bordom factor. If you took away mid August-mid december 2007 from last season we were ranked 17th from then on. That great start from last year has given many of us false expectations and we need to look at some of the players we have and realise that they're just not good enough. Hughes knows this and to be honest I think he's surprised by some of the players who aren't at the level he expected when he took the job.

Today we were missing SWP (taken off at 0-0), Robinho, Ireland and you could go a step further and say we were missing Petrov and Johnson as well. Excluding Elano (who has been average for a year now) these are our best creative players and we missed them all today. We don't have the players to replace them and because of that we end up with results like todays.

I hate to name names and pick on individuals but **** it; Ball (bye bye), Gelson *shudders*, Vassell (you're a good guy, you're just no where near good enough), Caicedo etc and players who have been letting us down such as Dunne and Richards really need to buck their ideas up. We need a centre half and we need a left back, we've just solved the left back problem and now Hughes will probably look to the former problem and then decide who he's going to drop, Dunne or Richards. It's pretty much a toss of a coin as far as I'm concerned at the moment.

Give Mark Hughes the chance to fix this. Sure he's made some odd decisions at times but I believe it's more to do with the lack of quality than anything else which sees us in the position we are now. If he hasn't bought a centre back, a striker and a defensive midfielder then it might be worth asking questions of him but for the moment I think he knows perfectly well what this side needs.

-end rant
Totally agree.

Just a bit worried about MH tactics, however I have managed to convince myself the quality of his squad is dictating his team selections and tactics for the moment.

Others might not agree though.

didn't this squad beat the scum twice last year.

When will people realise that it isn't a whole squad of shit players that's the problem. It's a fucking wank manager!!

LEE BRADBURY said:
ManCityX said:
Certain players need to take a long hard look at themselves after today, these 'certain players' weren't brought to the club by Hughes either. After December with Sven we were getting knocked out of the FA Cup by the likes of Sheffield United and putting up some performances which almost rivaled the Pearce era in terms of bordom factor. If you took away mid August-mid december 2007 from last season we were ranked 17th from then on. That great start from last year has given many of us false expectations and we need to look at some of the players we have and realise that they're just not good enough. Hughes knows this and to be honest I think he's surprised by some of the players who aren't at the level he expected when he took the job.

Today we were missing SWP (taken off at 0-0), Robinho, Ireland and you could go a step further and say we were missing Petrov and Johnson as well. Excluding Elano (who has been average for a year now) these are our best creative players and we missed them all today. We don't have the players to replace them and because of that we end up with results like todays.

I hate to name names and pick on individuals but **** it; Ball (bye bye), Gelson *shudders*, Vassell (you're a good guy, you're just no where near good enough), Caicedo etc and players who have been letting us down such as Dunne and Richards really need to buck their ideas up. We need a centre half and we need a left back, we've just solved the left back problem and now Hughes will probably look to the former problem and then decide who he's going to drop, Dunne or Richards. It's pretty much a toss of a coin as far as I'm concerned at the moment.

Give Mark Hughes the chance to fix this. Sure he's made some odd decisions at times but I believe it's more to do with the lack of quality than anything else which sees us in the position we are now. If he hasn't bought a centre back, a striker and a defensive midfielder then it might be worth asking questions of him but for the moment I think he knows perfectly well what this side needs.

-end rant
Totally agree.

Just a bit worried about MH tactics, however I have managed to convince myself the quality of his squad is dictating his team selections and tactics for the moment.

When will people realise that it isn't a whole squad of shit players that's the problem. It's a fucking wank manager!!

Gelsons Dad said:
LEE BRADBURY said:
Totally agree.

I realized that 3 months ago people wouldn't listen :( and i got banned twicw for saying it :(

C_T_I_D said:
Heard it for too long. Fed up of it now.

Yeah you have heard it for too long. You know why that is? It's because the transfer window was closed for 4 months.

It's now been open 3 days and Hughes has already solved one of our problems with the fantastic signing of Bridge. If we're doing crap in March/April and hearing the same excuses then you can't talk about hearing it for too long with your words actually meaning something.

ManCityX said:
sixlashes said:
we was playin notts forest stop making excuses for the guy its just bad management

Was it bad management when we got battered by Sheffield United or would you blame the balloons? Face it, some of our players a complete crap.[/quote

if the players wont play for him or dont want to ,why not put some of the kids in I would back him and so would most fans.. he could have done it today and told the fans why he was doing it at least you would have seen some effort.

Hughes actively contributed to City's downfall today. Every substitution made the situation worse (fair enough Vassell for SWP was forced), moving Elano out left meant our only remaining creative outlet was no longer involved, taking away Gelson's energy for Hamman's total lack of mobility when we were trying to force the game took away any momentum, bringing the inferior Jo on in a straight swap for Caicedo with 20 mins to go when the formation we were paying hadn't generated any good chances smacked of a total lack of creative/intelligent thinking.

I've defended him for months but I gave up on him today. The fact is he's simply not clever enough.

As for the problems he's faced I'll accept it's not been easy for him. I wouldn't expect us to be pushing the top 6, but I'd certainly expect better than out of both cups at the first hurdle and facing a relegation battle.

Johnson has mental issues, which Sven managed to somehow keep at bay just enough to keep playing him. Hughes hasn't managed to do so. He's also managed to alienate Elano and turn half the squad against him. If the problems are to do with players not pulling their weight Hughes should name them so the fans know what's going on. Until then the buck stops with him.

ManCityX said:
C_T_I_D said:
Heard it for too long. Fed up of it now.

Yeah you have heard it for too long. You know why that is? It's because the transfer window was closed for 4 months.

It's now been open 3 days and Hughes has already solved one of our problems with the fantastic signing of Bridge. If we're doing crap in March/April and hearing the same excuses then you can't talk about hearing it for too long with your words actually meaning something.

Good signing Bridge is yes, but i would hardly class £12m for a player not played regular for 3 years a "fantastic signing" it may prove to be fantasic but not yet.

Hughes actively contributed to City's downfall today. Every substitution made the situation worse (fair enough Vassell for SWP was forced), moving Elano out left meant our only remaining creative outlet was no longer involved, taking away Gelson's energy for Hamman's total lack of mobility when we were trying to force the game took away any momentum, bringing the inferior Jo on in a straight swap for Caicedo with 20 mins to go when the formation we were paying hadn't generated any good chances smacked of a total lack of creative/intelligent thinking.

I've defended him for months but I gave up on him today. The fact is he's simply not clever enough.

As for the problems he's faced I'll accept it's not been easy for him. I wouldn't expect us to be pushing the top 6, but I'd certainly expect better than out of both cups at the first hurdle and facing a relegation battle.

Johnson has mental issues, which Sven managed to somehow keep at bay just enough to keep playing him. Hughes hasn't managed to do so. He's also managed to alienate Elano and turn half the squad against him. If the problems are to do with players not pulling their weight Hughes should name them so the fans know what's going on. Until then the buck stops with him.

Some of you have no brains what so ever.

This squad beat the scum (the be all and end all of the small time City fan) so we should do better? What an embarrassing comment. What next? Forest Fans turning around and saying 'we beat Man City, we should be battering Wolves'?

The team at the moment beat Arsenal but who cares eh? God knows what you are basing your high expectations on, it's certainly not on some of the players I've been watching week in, week out for the last 12 and a half months.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.