Glass Tunnel now taking shape

Not sure if this has been covered in this thread, but I didn't realise that all the personalised plaques that were on the wall on the previous tunnel, which fans had paid for, have been destroyed without warning. That's pretty shoddy from the club.

TBF to the club, I had a plaque in the tunnel done for my mum and dad in 2004, and it was sold as 'guaranteed for 10 years' - we got slightly more.

Not sure if this has been covered in this thread, but I didn't realise that all the personalised plaques that were on the wall on the previous tunnel, which fans had paid for, have been destroyed without warning. That's pretty shoddy from the club.

I got one.

It was only as a 10 year temporary position and not a permanent memorial.

They were up 40% longer than what we paid for and expected.

I believe the original plan was to replace them every 10 years.

I feel uneasy seeing any blue being personal about someone because of the way they look, or the presumption they are plastic or posh. As someone else stated be angry at the club if it affected where you sat, but City have a best in class hospitality offering that IS part of football. Its not part of my match day but if for my 40th my wife treated my good self to the club I'd enjoy it no doubt.

There are other issues in football like ticket prices, but thats another topic.

Personally the Tunnel Club is not for me, but people as rich as Crassus will probably lap it up.

The thing that got me was that as soon as I stepped of the Metrolink I was confronted with a barrage of Club propaganda telling me how wonderful it all was.

They really do not understand the ordinary match going football fan do they?

By the way I was one of the mugs who subscribed to "City Circle" so I have painful experience of passing over my hard earned money.

TBF to the club, I had a plaque in the tunnel done for my mum and dad in 2004, and it was sold as 'guaranteed for 10 years' - we got slightly more.

Fair enough. They could have handled it better though and notified people, let them know what was happening.

so embarrasing

Spot on and I'll add grotesque into the mix as well.

I had a missed call from city a month or so back, thought nothing of it until 2 weeks ago and I got another call from them. A gentlemen called Alejandro had called me asking if I would use the tunnel club for business purposes or for special occasions.

Alejandro, mate, you've called a guy with a value gold season to my who's barely paying £15 a match. They must be desperate trying to fill it

This sums it up pretty well:

I can see both sides of that on one side you have people paying ridiculous amounts for the hopes of interacting with the players before the game. It does seem like something small to expect given how much they are paid.

But... On the other I see people treating footballers like robots there to give them everything they want "because we pay your wages"(when that's not been true for a long time)... they are there to play football, the rest of it that comes with the profile and the fame which not all of them want and others will relish. It's never just one person expecting it it's a big crowd clambering for their attention, think of how many times a week they have to do stuff like this. They are expected to do enough of this stuff whether they like it or not, I just hope the club don't go too far and end up unsettling the players(ie to come down too hard on Sané because of the twitter "outrage" from some toffs over this would be a mistake). Maybe let these things happen naturally rather than forcing someone more reserved(we have a mixed group of personalities but they all seem like good people) into situations that make them uncomfortable because they don't come naturally to them or maybe they're simply not feeling up to it in that moment. Pep himself seems more interested in getting on with his work rather than fame, media attention and press conferences they are more a side duty he has to put up with and I think that's fair enough(he still does it and it's nothing personal).

Last edited:
This sums it up pretty well:

Big fan of the tunnel club, think it looks great even though i would never be able to afford to be in there.

That picture is horrendous though, not sure it should be that personal, it does look like a zoo.

I think majority of City fans would treat this as meh if they were being looked after well but City can't get and never will get the basics right. 25 mins to get in, 15 mins to que for refreshments, 90 mins to get home. Enjoyed last night but wondered whats the point when a 90 mins game becomes a 4/5 hour event.

Which includes the memorial plaque for a certain player #23

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.