Glass Tunnel now taking shape

Just read the packages again.

Tucked away at the bottom of the list and nowhere near the home ticket info.

This applies for both packages.

*Priority booking for away matches, cup finals and additional
match tickets*

Shouldn't that read priority for away tickets? Good try City!

So if 500 seperate packages are sold to individuals and businesses, that will be 500 away tickets taken up if everyone takes their ticket. 500 is just a figure in my head. It could be more, or it could be less. But £15,000+VAT for a season is nothing for big companies.

Additional match tickets?

Most of us can start saying goodbye to away games.
I wouldn't think, at £18000 a season, they'd be putting them in with the sink pissers! I'll wager they'll get away Day corporate seats in an area of the away grounds similar to where they'll be sitting at home games.

Thanks for sharing this!

It seems that the Tunnel Club is more about drinking & scoffing yourself silly than watching the game. Sticking a tablet in the members hands will ensure that these elite fans won't be applauding anything happening on the pitch.

As for £15k+VAT, that's probably more than most fans earn in a year let alone disposable income.

The biggest irony of all is that all this happens in a stand named after our greatest ever player who cost us £45k.

Well, all I can say is if you can afford it, enjoy it.

Our group of 5 were priced out 3yrs ago and to be fair, we're no longer missing the new 'match day experience;" hopefully one day, after it's finished pampering those with diamonds on the soles of their shoes, the club will see how it can look after the working class fans and maybe, just maybe, we'll return.
I call bullshit. I sit in block 125, pay 600 quid a season. That's 31 quid a game. I pay by interest free installment. The tunnel is a symptom of modern day, big club football, but let's not pretend City don't offer tickets well within the funding capacity of the average (and below average) worker. They do.

Go to the press? Yep, bet the coverage would wipe North Korea off the front page. "The club deserve an absolute kicking". Your sense of perspective is truly something.
Why is everyone so up their own arse where they sit?
Moan for moaning sake or shall we reminisce about the bogs at Maine road full of piss?
The games moved on, corporate pays for cheap tickets, enjoy the ride for fucks sake!!

I call bullshit. I sit in block 125, pay 600 quid a season. That's 31 quid a game. I pay by interest free installment. The tunnel is a symptom of modern day, big club football, but let's not pretend City don't offer tickets well within the funding capacity of the average (and below average) worker. They do.

It's not bullshit at all.

I was paying for 5 seasoncards as the only earner in our family. I had to consider the on-costs of travel, food, drink etc against other priorities and forfeited our cards.

Everyone's circumstances are different but I think that those who sneer at people less fortunate than themselves should find a sense of perspective.

I hope your seasoncard remains within your financial reach and that hardship never befalls on your family.

Last edited:
Why are people so negative towards all things hospitality. Its a stunning development and the people who will be able to afford this will get a top class facility. Before the usual suspect replies I am a pensioner and can't afford The Tunnel Club but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate what's being done on upgrading the Stadium. By the way despite the doom and gloom on here this will get filled as have the other developments, our owners aren't daft.
The problem is that long standing City fans are being booted out of there sests and being dumped elsewhere .also not all the cooperate lounges are selling out as it is .plus they getting priority for away games jumping ahead of the quee by passing the points system.and finally they dont add to the atmosphere

It's not bullshit at all.

I was paying for 5 seasoncards as the only earner in our family. I had to consider the on-costs of travel, food, drink etc against other priorities and forfeited our cards.

Everyone's circumstances are different but I think that those who sneer at people less fortunate than themselves should find a sense of perspective.

I hope your seasoncard remains within your financial reach and that hardship never befalls on your family.
It's not sneering. It's a seat. And there are thousands of affordable seats. There are thousands to choose from. The ground is being upgraded and same thing has happened to me. Block next to me was changed. I moved in the Summer, and I now pay much less and I have what I think is a better seat too.

Last edited:
It's not sneering. It's a seat. There are thousands to choose from. The ground is being upgraded and same thing has happened to me. Block next to me was changed. I moved in the Summer, and I now pay much less and I have what I think is a better seat too.

Where did you move to?

That's absolutely disgraceful if true.

Would it surprise anybody if these businesses buy the away tickets regardless yet only turn up when they want to?

The club are phasing out the fans of the pre-08 era for the benefit of more money.

It wouldn't suprise me if within 25 years we become the first PL club to become a franchise and end up in London.

I am not a fan of the Tunnel Club and I don't like to hear of Blues being forced out of their seats.

That said, we heard from posters in the know that the Tunnel Club was to help fund the North Stand extension that would involve removing corporate boxes. These box holders already get away ticket priority (so the net affect shouldn't have been great). However demand for tickets around the ground hasn't grown as much as the Club expected in the last year or so and hence the North Stand extension has been delayed. As a consequence a bigger chunk of away allocations will go to Corporates for the big games so the Club should ditch City in the City to preserve allocations to die hard fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.