Glass Tunnel now taking shape

My season card was for block 205 as close to the old corporates as you could get, then the letter came out saying that L2 would become a Premium experience and that the closer to the half way line your seat, the higher the premium
There was a lot of discussion on here at the time as it was also when North Standers were being chucked out for the new family stand
Garry Cooke then made a press release defending the decision and said L2 wasn't being turned into corporate (the lying ****)
My season card cost at the time was around £500 and because of where the seat is I knew it was going to become one of the more expensive, which it did, every season rising to the cost now of £1600.00+

I relocated out and have had a season card for five different seats since on L3 and L1
I'm now located in 104 on row W and when I look across to 105 I see that row W is padded seats, so I know if there is a change to more premium it will be a little lower in 105 and then into the area of 104 that I have a SC for
If that happens that is when I will give it up

They'll go as low as J in the East. Certainly last year K back was a little more expensive because you've got more chance of getting wet from J forward if it rains. (If? Pah. When.) I assume they'd make the whole of 104 & 106 from K back corporate before risking somebody rich not owning a coat or having to wear a 50p poncho.

I have to say that that is my issue too.
Some on here have had a go because they think I'm against change and I'm not.
I understand the club want to improve facilities, make more money and buy better players. But the least they can do is communicate with those affected and sort out the problems that City themselves have created.
But no, City's response has been "well fuck 'em".

Personally I think you are being far too charitable there. The layout of the stadium has changed massively over the last 8 years or so with the removal of people from the north stand, extended corporate areas, tunnel club and its more than noticeable that significant portions of the best seats In the ground have now been priced out of the reach of the everyday punter.

The tunnel club is just an extension of that and I am pretty sure will just add to all the other empty corporate seats we see at home matches.

The depressing thing is if these areas prove successful, and we all want the club to be successful, it will only lead to more seats being allocated to corporate customers and more fans moved to inferior seats.

I remember as a kid sitting above the players tunnel before a fa cup tie v Watford circa 84/85. It was probably a pound or so more expensive than K or P in the North Stand where I usually sat but as a kid it was really important to me. I cannot help but wonder if kids of future generations will have the same chance and if not what is the point in being successful all about.

Moan,moan,complain,fault,victim moan fault complain.

The ground & facilities are in a constant status of improvement cos what we inherited was barely fit for purpose.

If more of the moaners would actually turn up & support the club we may get the Noth End built then there'll be more starter price tickets.

HH SM must 'Sheikh' his head in disbelief when he reads some of the shite on here.

They'll go as low as J in the East. Certainly last year K back was a little more expensive because you've got more chance of getting wet from J forward if it rains. (If? Pah. When.) I assume they'd make the whole of 104 & 106 from K back corporate before risking somebody rich not owning a coat or having to wear a 50p poncho.
K gets drenched most games too. We're well aware that's the only reason the seats aren't corporate already.

The ground & facilities are in a constant status of improvement cos what we inherited was barely fit for purpose.

If more of the moaners would actually turn up & support the club we may get the Noth End built then there'll be more starter price tickets.

HH SM must 'Sheikh' his head in disbelief when he reads some of the shite on here.

when the average City ST holder from 2008 has their wage increase in proportion to PL revenue, TV money revenue, City exec wages, player wages or even just as a starting point, any economically prosperous country's wages, then you have a point.

Everything's gone up, people are getting paid less. Doesn't really work.

when the average City ST holder from 2008 has their wage increase in proportion to PL revenue, TV money revenue, City exec wages, player wages or even just as a starting point, any economically prosperous country's wages, then you have a point.

Everything's gone up, people are getting paid less. Doesn't really work.

Can't argue with the principle BJ but it's the reality.
Pretty much everything has risen at a higher rate than earnings with the exception of mortgage borrowing which is at an historic low and that is the major part of most household expenditure.

It doesn't feel right that we didn't freeze prices for this season,but we have to accept that it's a multi national business as well as a local football club now.

CITY - The Spirit of Mancunia.

Can't argue with the principle BJ but it's the reality.
Pretty much everything has risen at a higher rate than earnings with the exception of mortgage borrowing which is at an historic low and that is the major part of most household expenditure.

It doesn't feel right that we didn't freeze prices for this season,but we have to accept that it's a multi national business as well as a local football club now.

CITY - The Spirit of Mancunia.

so be a local football club and multi national business, not just the latter. You can make plenty of money without having to damage the wallets of the locals, and continually shift them out of their seats and price them out for good.

Voice or reason at last.

Forums tend to attract keyboard warriors who don't go to games rather than fans who do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.