"Greed of 'big six' will kill our game"

As ever that buck toothed t*** Swanson on Sky names us first on the roll of dishonour and thus implying we are prime movers and shakers.

Several of the above posts clearly see this as the end of the idea of the 'Big Six" getting a larger share of overseas broadcast revenue
I don't see the cancellation of the meeting like that. It's more that busy executives see no point in attending a meeting that will not result in the decision they want. So back to the closed door meetings then back to the negotiating table with an ultimatum is the way I see it.

I think ultimately it depends on what philosophy the Premier League wants to adopt, do they want 6 elite teams to pull further away from the rest, If so, I think you will find less managers willing to come over and manage your Hull City's or Newcastle's if they are given a disability right away. The big 6 would do better in europe and scorelines would be flattered so there is that advantage for the Premier League.

The other philosophy is far better though, would rather see Premier League be competitive on ALL fronts, no guarantees for the big 6 to be the big 6, and have a higher likelihood of upsets which are very exciting (Watford beating Arsenal for example), will bring in more viewers this way imo and bring in class managers and raise the level of the league overall.

I think ultimately it depends on what philosophy the Premier League wants to adopt, do they want 6 elite teams to pull further away from the rest, If so, I think you will find less managers willing to come over and manage your Hull City's or Newcastle's if they are given a disability right away. The big 6 would do better in europe and scorelines would be flattered so there is that advantage for the Premier League.

The other philosophy is far better though, would rather see Premier League be competitive on ALL fronts, no guarantees for the big 6 to be the big 6, and have a higher likelihood of upsets which are very exciting (Watford beating Arsenal for example), will bring in more viewers this way imo and bring in class managers and raise the level of the league overall.
On a positive note, you might see the national team do a little better as bringing your own players through becomes more cost effective.

On a positive note, you might see the national team do a little better as bringing your own players through becomes more cost effective.

The national team won't improve until proper investment is made in terms of bringing coaches of youth football up to speed with modern coaching techniques. The FA need to subsidise coaches looking to get their UEFA badges, make it more accessible for people from working class backgrounds ( you know the type of people that volunteer their time for the love of the game) who in turn impart better knowledge and understanding at grassroots level.

At the moment bringing your own players through ( at most clubs) will just see a drop in standards at first team level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.