guess next season's squad

We need pogba or at least one huge statement signing if only to pee on the rags chips!:))
I'd say signing a midfielder they've been trying to land for years relatively easily with everything seemingly settled well before the window opens for an absolute bargain is a pretty strong statement. Not to mention gundogan would help them so much and instead of him they spent more on alternatives with not much success (Morgan and Bastian).

Ederson/Rulli
Rb(denayer)
Lb(Wendell, Ric Rod, Gaya, Bernat rose etc)
Gundogan
Cm(Kroos, Thiago, Pogba)
Sane
Striker
A younger cm(Tieleman, Paredes, Bozoer etc)

I think the players going out will be:

Cabby - 3 mill
Wright - already gone
Demichellis - Free (or pay someone to take him)
Zabba - 2 mill (unfortunately we need to improve this position and he is not the player he used to be)
Kolarov - 5 mill ( not good enough and too old)
Yaya - 10 mill (15 if he goes to china) - one of the best players to ever pull the shirt on - not the player he was
Fernando 6 Mill (although we should get rid of to get someone better in, he may stay)
Navas 8 mill (Although we should get rid to get someone better in, he may stay)
Bony 15 mill (never been a city player)

i would like Manga to go but dont think the club will let him go after such a buig investment - he is not a Pep player though

at most we will make £50 mill on outgoings

I would expect some EDS players to be brought in to the full squad and be more involved:
Deneyer -CB could be a starter for me
M Garcia - Midfield
Celina - RW (pep has already signed off on his new contract)
Maffeo RB (former Barcelona youth right back - could be our solution to that position)
Angelino LB (not sure he is good enough but has to be better than Kolarov and Pep can give him the confidence to be better

The we need to bring in:
GK - new back up gk - someone has been rumoured the last couple of days
GK - youth third choice
RB - Maffeo / or new right back - not sure
LB - Angelino/ or new left back - I would get cresswell - but pep may go for someone more like GAYA
CB - Laporte
CM - Gudogen - looks like a done deal - but wont be ready to play until september at earliest
CM - got to go all out for Pogba but i think it could be Thiago
CM - A younger option - maybe Weigl from dortmund
Winger - Sane - although Celina may fill the position
St - Could still bring in Sane for this positon or someone else - aubemayang maybe

For me - the centre of midfield is vital - that position has lost us games this season so getting some better options in there will help us - we still have the best forward around and KDB, Nasri, Silva are still some of best in the prem

Pogba is vital....

I think we should Sign 5-6 players.
LB, CB, CM, WM, and a Tweener either (CM/WM) or (WM/ST) an
My favorite choices
LB: Jonas Hector or Peirrera
CB: Larpote or Varane
CM: Gundogan
WM: not sure. Sane is the strongest link though.
Tweener: Isco, Dybala or Griezmann

6 if we get a goalie.

I think the players going out will be:

Cabby - 3 mill
Wright - already gone
Demichellis - Free (or pay someone to take him)
Zabba - 2 mill (unfortunately we need to improve this position and he is not the player he used to be)
Kolarov - 5 mill ( not good enough and too old)
Yaya - 10 mill (15 if he goes to china) - one of the best players to ever pull the shirt on - not the player he was
Fernando 6 Mill (although we should get rid of to get someone better in, he may stay)
Navas 8 mill (Although we should get rid to get someone better in, he may stay)
Bony 15 mill (never been a city player)

i would like Manga to go but dont think the club will let him go after such a buig investment - he is not a Pep player though

at most we will make £50 mill on outgoings

I would expect some EDS players to be brought in to the full squad and be more involved:
Deneyer -CB could be a starter for me
M Garcia - Midfield
Celina - RW (pep has already signed off on his new contract)
Maffeo RB (former Barcelona youth right back - could be our solution to that position)
Angelino LB (not sure he is good enough but has to be better than Kolarov and Pep can give him the confidence to be better

The we need to bring in:
GK - new back up gk - someone has been rumoured the last couple of days
GK - youth third choice
RB - Maffeo / or new right back - not sure
LB - Angelino/ or new left back - I would get cresswell - but pep may go for someone more like GAYA
CB - Laporte
CM - Gudogen - looks like a done deal - but wont be ready to play until september at earliest
CM - got to go all out for Pogba but i think it could be Thiago
CM - A younger option - maybe Weigl from dortmund
Winger - Sane - although Celina may fill the position
St - Could still bring in Sane for this positon or someone else - aubemayang maybe

For me - the centre of midfield is vital - that position has lost us games this season so getting some better options in there will help us - we still have the best forward around and KDB, Nasri, Silva are still some of best in the prem

Pogba is vital....

Apparently 2 teams have already offered 15m for Fernando, we will get 5-6 for Zabba and 12m for Navas, Mangala will be sold ...also dont forget we have 20m coming in from Dzeko and Jovetic deals

Apparently 2 teams have already offered 15m for Fernando, we will get 5-6 for Zabba and 12m for Navas, Mangala will be sold ...also dont forget we have 20m coming in from Dzeko and Jovetic deals

£15 mill for Fernando is a bargain.. snap their hands off... I would sell Mangala - you can see he is as good as he is ever going to be - i thought the Dzeko and Jovetic deals had already been accounted for - but yeah i did forget they are still officially on our books...

From what I read it seem s like we will play 3 at the back, so this is my dream team:
Denayer, Kompany, Laporte, Otamendi, Mangala, Fernando, Fernandinho, Gundoghan, Kroos, Silva, Nasri, de Bruyne, Sterling, Nacho, Aguero, Insigne.
All realistic targets, about 150m spent. Pogba and Reus are also on the market and would be a dream to get them.
....................Hart.................
Otamendi-Kompany-Laporte
................Gundogan..............
.......Fernandinho......Kroos....
..............de Bruyne................
Sterling........................Insigne
..................Aguero.................

In this moment... I think...

Bony - Sterling
Delph - De'Michalis - Yaya - Navas
Kolo - Mangala - Otters - Jenkinson
Willy

======
Oh wait!

We changed manager... nevermind.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.