Gundogan

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
bluechampion7891 said:
LoveCity said:
I'd take Gundogan and two other midfielders. It's amazing... no that's the wrong word... it's utterly fookin' scandalous the state our midfield is in after so much money spent (too much of it on forwards). Yaya has been great but it's always been clear he probably has a limited shelf life so preparations should have been made. Fernandinho I have no complaints about at all, I think he is a fantastic player who should go nowhere. Fernando has been a major disappointment, the result of only allocating a small % of our transfer budget on a midfielder rather than use more to sign someone better. And Lampard is a stop-gap who has had a few good moments but can't play 90 minutes. The richest club in the world with midfield options of aging Yaya/Fernandinho/Fernando/Lampard (+ I guess Milner but no manager rates him there even though he rates himself) is absurd.

So Gundogan at £15m? Yeah, I'd take that 'gamble' (at worst you get a really good squad player) but according to reports in Germany he's likely to go to our neighbours. Gundogan hasn't reached his former best yet, but there have been enough signs of him getting there, like his excellent performance against Schalke a couple of months back.

which two others?

Rest I agree.

tbh I'm not too picky at this point. I could name 10 midfielders of various qualities and think they'd upgrade our slow, stale, easily overrun midfield. In fact Gundogan wouldn't even be my top 3, but being realistic we can't buy three £40m midfielders. I'd have Koke before Gundogan but Gundogan would be a good alternative. A midfield four of Pogba/Koke or Gundogan or Verratti/Fernandinho/young English player (Ward-Prowse) would suit me.

we were linked with Hector Herrera a while ago IIRC, what do you think about him?

We couldn't let him go to the rags for 15m. He's worth a gamble at that price all day long.

LoveCity said:
bluechampion7891 said:
LoveCity said:
I'd take Gundogan and two other midfielders. It's amazing... no that's the wrong word... it's utterly fookin' scandalous the state our midfield is in after so much money spent (too much of it on forwards). Yaya has been great but it's always been clear he probably has a limited shelf life so preparations should have been made. Fernandinho I have no complaints about at all, I think he is a fantastic player who should go nowhere. Fernando has been a major disappointment, the result of only allocating a small % of our transfer budget on a midfielder rather than use more to sign someone better. And Lampard is a stop-gap who has had a few good moments but can't play 90 minutes. The richest club in the world with midfield options of aging Yaya/Fernandinho/Fernando/Lampard (+ I guess Milner but no manager rates him there even though he rates himself) is absurd.

So Gundogan at £15m? Yeah, I'd take that 'gamble' (at worst you get a really good squad player) but according to reports in Germany he's likely to go to our neighbours. Gundogan hasn't reached his former best yet, but there have been enough signs of him getting there, like his excellent performance against Schalke a couple of months back.

which two others?

Rest I agree.

tbh I'm not too picky at this point. I could name 10 midfielders of various qualities and think they'd upgrade our slow, stale, easily overrun midfield. In fact Gundogan wouldn't even be my top 3, but being realistic we can't buy three £40m midfielders. I'd have Koke before Gundogan but Gundogan would be a good alternative. A midfield four of Pogba/Koke or Gundogan or Verratti/Fernandinho/young English player (Ward-Prowse) would suit me.

a large part of out current problems

bluechampion7891 said:
LoveCity said:
bluechampion7891 said:
which two others?

Rest I agree.

we were linked with Hector Herrera a while ago IIRC, what do you think about him?

Honestly, a player I know nothing about. I've seen Porto a few times but can't remember him. Brahimi looked very good though.

Imbula at Marseille is a midfielder worth looking out for and maybe worth considering for City. He'll probably be at a big club next season.

MCFCHOWELL said:
According to Honigstein we're favourites to sign Gundogan now, United aren't interested and we've been scouting him recently.

Always rated this lad, as long as he stays injury free he would be a great addition.

On his day, this lad is one of the best in the world, comfortable on the ball, great range of passing, unbelievable balance. His injury track record isn't great but surely worth a punt at £15 million. For those that don't know much about him, watch the games vs Real Madrid two years ago. He's fully capable of reaching the very top in my eyes.

ljones15 said:
On his day, this lad is one of the best in the world, comfortable on the ball, great range of passing, unbelievable balance. His injury track record isn't great but surely worth a punt at £15 million. For those that don't know much about him, watch the games vs Real Madrid two years ago. He's fully capable of reaching the very top in my eyes.

If he reaches those levels, he will comfortably be among the top 5 CMs in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.