Harry Redknapp

mcmanus said:
Marvin said:
That's what can happen if you change manager.

QPR should not have gone down with the players in their squad, and had Harry been there at the outset they would not have done. What can a manager do when Zamora gets sent off and a player gives a free-kick away in the last moments on the edge of their box.

QPR are their own worst enemies. They remind me of City 20 years ago. a car crash

We weren't that good.

Six years ago?

We weren't much better.

If we'd let Harry sign all the player he wanted when he was at Spurs we would have gone into administration too. He signs mediocre players for big money. Samba being the latest example. Good thing Daniel Levy kept him on a tight leash.

Biggest load of bollocks ever about him bankrupting clubs. In most big businesses you have a chairman and board controlling the money, if they can't do well with the cash then it's their fault.

If that's the case why aren't Spurs bankrupt? Because the chairman knows how to control money. I'd say at QPR there is about 7-8 players are on more than Spurs' top earners.

West Ham earnt nearly 50m from the likes of Rio, Defoe, Lampard and Cole. That was a lot of money then. It was only a few 4-5 years ago they had a higher wage bill than Spurs. That was way after Redknapp left. Some teams are just very careless with money, it's just like people in general living off credit cards and not being able to budget propely

I doubt Harry will keep them up now, but QPR are a lot better with him than with Hughes. They've beaten Chelsea and drawn with Spurs and City. Townsend and Taarabt are playing really well along with Remy.

I'm sure with the sales of players and parachute payments they'll be ok. Chairman should be blamed first then Hughes for buying really poor players. He just doesn't ever think big enough

Crouchinho said:
Biggest load of bollocks ever about him bankrupting clubs. In most big businesses you have a chairman and board controlling the money, if they can't do well with the cash then it's their fault.

If that's the case why aren't Spurs bankrupt? Because the chairman knows how to control money. I'd say at QPR there is about 7-8 players are on more than Spurs' top earners.

West Ham earnt nearly 50m from the likes of Rio, Defoe, Lampard and Cole. That was a lot of money then. It was only a few 4-5 years ago they had a higher wage bill than Spurs. That was way after Redknapp left. Some teams are just very careless with money, it's just like people in general living off credit cards and not being able to budget propely

I doubt Harry will keep them up now, but QPR are a lot better with him than with Hughes. They've beaten Chelsea and drawn with Spurs and City. Townsend and Taarabt are playing really well along with Remy.

I'm sure with the sales of players and parachute payments they'll be ok. Chairman should be blamed first then Hughes for buying really poor players. He just doesn't ever think big enough

Whilst I semi-agree, he threatened on numerous occasions to quit Pompey if they didn't sign the players he wanted.

Sure Gaydamak should have had the nous to say no, but it was Twitchers haranguing of the chairman that forced the issue, Pompey needed redknapp more than redknapp needed Pompey, he knew it, and he milked it for all he could.

He even asked Pompey for a loyalty payment when he left.

Bilboblue said:
Crouchinho said:

Whilst I semi-agree, he threatened on numerous occasions to quit Pompey if they didn't sign the players he wanted.

Sure Gaydamak should have had the nous to say no, but it was Twitchers haranguing of the chairman that forced the issue, Pompey needed redknapp more than redknapp needed Pompey, he knew it, and he milked it for all he could.

Gaymark should have said no. A true businessman thinks with his head. They recouped most on players but their wage bill was insane.

I don't really feel sympathy for leeds or Pompey. I feel sorry for lower league clubs who struggle more

For a guy that ‘writes like a two-year-old’ and can't fill in a team sheet, ‘My accountant runs my life. I haven’t seen a wage slip probably for ten years, I don’t even have wage slips.
I don’t see bank statements or ever sent a text or emails and cannot use a computer.
My dog is Rich gis a job.

Crouchinho said:
Bilboblue said:
Crouchinho said:

Gaymark should have said no. A true businessman thinks with his head. They recouped most on players but their wage bill was insane.

I don't really feel sympathy for leeds or Pompey. I feel sorry for lower league clubs who struggle more

Innept owners does not excuse arry's capricious aquisitions and the contracts they come with on his say so.
He is hired in good faith by business men who may be lacking in judgement on people but that does not vindicate his actions in his time.

Indeed was it not arry who said similar to "get the money because when you leave nobody cares, get what you can whilst you can".
Not verbatim but he did say that and it gives a good estimation of the man.

Not to mention the dubious dealings looked at with a raised eyebrow made by his side kick Kevein Bond and others directly linked with arry.
Indeed the same Kevin Bond who mysteriously dropped his case against the BBC for libel when they showed him for the dodgy bugger he is ?

"I totally understand where you're coming from. I understand what you're looking for, and certainly myself and Harry would be open to listening to, you know, in order to come to some arrangement, if you like, where whatever we need, we'll make sure that we call you, and what you really want is that we call you and only you."

The bloke is bent as a nine bob note and the company he keeps is testement to that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.