Have you failed as a parent if...

chris85mcfc

Your son/daughter grows up supprting another team?

One of my best mates is a season ticket holder at the Rags, but his brother and his Dad are both season ticket holders at City

Now I've ripped my mate for years saying he's a glory hunter etc and his excuse was that he followed his Grandads footsteps in supporting United

Is this the only example or has anyone else got similar situations in their family? Not entirely sure what id do if my child made such a silly decision

Nah, I'd want my own kids to make up their own minds on such things not be a sheep. My dad watched both Bury and the rags and apart from dressing me in a rag kit when I was a very small kid (and taking a pic, the ****) he begrudgingly left me to my own devices.

chris85mcfc said:
Your son/daughter grows up supprting another team?

One of my best mates is a season ticket holder at the Rags, but his brother and his Dad are both season ticket holders at City

Now I've ripped my mate for years saying he's a glory hunter etc and his excuse was that he followed his Grandads footsteps in supporting United

Is this the only example or has anyone else got similar situations in their family? Not entirely sure what id do if my child made such a silly decision

Just conveniently got into football when we were shit and the rags were good though. Followed his grandads team my big fat hairy aids infested arse

My Dad's a glory hunting Manc Liverpool fan who has never been anfield. So it was follow him or go Maine Road with my Nana and Grandad and be a City fan. To be fair he never tried to get us to be Liverpool fans, probably realised what a daft **** it makes you sound being a Manc Liverpool fan.

I brainwashed my lad into supporting City and make no apologies for it.

I never had a choice, I was in the Platt Lane aged 4. If one day I came home from school & told my dad I wanted to support that lot, believe me there was pressure being the only City fan in a class of Rags, I would have been sleeping in the shed.

Luckily (I think) brainwashing is a very powerful tool.

I think if your son becomes a Rag when you're a blue, you have failed.

Ban-jani said:
I never had a choice, I was in the Platt Lane aged 4. If one day I came home from school & told my dad I wanted to support that lot, believe me there was pressure being the only City fan in a class of Rags, I would have been sleeping in the shed.

Luckily (I think) brainwashing is a very powerful tool.

I think if your son becomes a Rag when you're a blue, you have failed.

Pretty much the same, never had a choice, but was born blue anyway, every family member I know of, parents, siblings, grandparents, auntys, uncles, cousins, ex's, all blue, I didn't have a choice and neither did my kids, there blue, end of, if ur a blue and have a rag kid,YES U HAVE FAILED!!...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.