Have you failed as a parent if...

My dad is a staunch rag ,I have three brothers and two sisters all the lads are blues as well as one sister,the other sister flits between both,as her husband is a rag,all my nephews and nieces are blue bar one ( the rag brother inlaws son who follows his dad but I turned his two daughters into blues lol). I did have abit of a wobble with my son when he was five or six he came home from school and said he wanted to support the rags,ok I says but you can't have a shirt poster or anything rag in the house and I won't take you,wife said take him to City then,I did and fifteen years later big blue and so is my daughter.

18 years ago one of my nephews, when he was 5, told his mum (my sister) he wanted to be a Utd fan as all his mates in school were Rags. She phoned me, and luckily I was home on leave, so I nipped round to speak with him. I basically told him that he would never be welcome in my house again, but that my wife would drop his Christmas and birthday presents to him at his mums. As I left, I reiterated the point about him not being able to come round to my house ever again.

I went home, and 40 minutes later my sister phoned me to say he told her he wanted to stay being a City fan. I went round and took him to the shop at Maine Road and bought him a new kit and some other bits and bobs.

He thanks me to this day for that as he said he would never, ever have wanted to be a Rag. I reckon, even at 5, the little fucker played me like a good 'un for a new kit!

Yes. It's classed as a failure.

I've managed to influence my neice and nephew enough that they love City. It's easy to do, just ram it down their throats from the moment they're born (Junior Blues on the day they were born...then they closed the bloody thing by the time my second neice was born. It was always something special registering a newborn as a Junior Blue. I worked in the offices there for a while, and you would get people ringing up from hospital getting their babies registered!).

But we did it in a way that they do genuinely like Man City even though they're in Suffolk. A few years ago it wasn't easy for them, but now a lot of their mates are 'City fans' but they feel proud knowing that back in the days of Stuart Pearce, they were there....although I spent a lot of time on the councourse with them dragging them through puddles of beer to amuse them whilst we waited for the illusive home goal for about 7 months.

I was determined to "make" my lad into a True Blue and took him to his first ever game when we played Crewe Alex in those dark days.We sat in the Platt Lane end and saw the Goat score a hat trick as we won 5-2.From there we went straight to the MEN Arena where the WWF (Wrestling) was taking place and all his heroes were on.
He never seemed to take a great interest in City after that and became a Crewe Alex ST Holder for years,going home and away even up until the age of 15 some 7 years ago and he then realised all things Blue were City.
The rest is history,but I have never known anyone hate the Rags more than he does.I thought I hated them when I was his age,but no he`s far worse than I ever was and literally hates them with a vengeance,even though some of his best mates are Rags.Good lad is our Young Oakie and love him being my ST Helper due to my disability.
Not a fucking cat in hells chance that he will ever support anyone else.

My mam is red and so is all her side of the family... uncles, aunts, cousins, nephews the whole lot.

My dad is Blue and let me choose.

Always shouted for the underdog in everything so chose City.

Even at shitty away grounds in the 3rd division I still loved it and speak about City nearly everyday with him. I didn't fail as a son with my choice.

The young ens in my family are blues. Its been that way for 100+ years and always will be

oakiecokie said:
I was determined to "make" my lad into a True Blue and took him to his first ever game when we played Crewe Alex in those dark days.We sat in the Platt Lane end and saw the Goat score a hat trick as we won 5-2.From there we went straight to the MEN Arena where the WWF (Wrestling) was taking place and all his heroes were on.
He never seemed to take a great interest in City after that and became a Crewe Alex ST Holder for years,going home and away even up until the age of 15 some 7 years ago and he then realised all things Blue were City.
The rest is history,but I have never known anyone hate the Rags more than he does.I thought I hated them when I was his age,but no he`s far worse than I ever was and literally hates them with a vengeance,even though some of his best mates are Rags.Good lad is our Young Oakie and love him being my ST Helper due to my disability.
Not a fucking cat in hells chance that he will ever support anyone else.
i sometimes wonder if that's our fault
we've crystallised the hatred and on passing it on the force has become stronger, there are times when i just can't forgive myself when she goes on an anti rag rant

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.