Help with call barring

Tuearts right boot

Halfway up a mountain,bumfuck nowhere,Snowdonia.
I'm after a phone, and/or some phone system that will prevent any unwanted calls except chosen ones to be accepted by my mum. She has dementia and gets alsorts of calls, as you can imagine and gets confused with everything and wants to pay everybody........she cant as we have her card and finance details but she still gets mithered.
Sky, who she's with do Sky shield but it's too complicated for her. Just want or looking for something that wont allow anything through other than our own calls....any idea guys.....

TPS landline and mobile is a waste of time.
It only protects you from companies that
A) are in the UK
And
B) give a shit about the rules

The other thing you’ll have to do is monitor your mum giving stuff to charities by post.
Every time she does it they pass her details on to a “mugs” list and she’ll be plagued with letters.

If you want to be the only people who can contact her get rid of her landline and buy a mobile.

TPS landline and mobile is a waste of time.
It only protects you from companies that
A) are in the UK
And
B) give a shit about the rules

The other thing you’ll have to do is monitor your mum giving stuff to charities by post.
Every time she does it they pass her details on to a “mugs” list and she’ll be plagued with letters.

If you want to be the only people who can contact her get rid of her landline and buy a mobile.

Good point, never really thought of that. There is one problem with that however.......she thinks the TV remote is a telephone and has gone through 4 in the last 18 mths because when she picks it up there's never anyone there........
Bless her, she had " yet another faulty telly " and every 20 seconds or so the telly would go off and then 20 seconds later would come back on again. This just happened to coincide with her taking a spoonful of soup and was therefore convinced the telly was controlled by the soup spoon. You see the problem........

I get about 5 scam calls a day, no matter how many times I block the number. Normally PPI, Survey about broadband or some other shit, one the other day saying I had won 50 lines on the lottery - I said ok great ! What do you need ? .. he asked for postcode. So gave him DI5 C0 ... then a few of us starting singing ‘let’s all have a disco!’ (Funny at the time) but anyway, they are fuckers.

TPS does work. Get hardly any scam calls.
Never sign up to the "give £3 to save the penguins" and the like.
Always tick the right boxes on "share your details with carefully selected partners" being sure that sometimes ticking the box is an opt in not an opt out.

And sign up to MPS as well.
Get virtually no junk mail.

I'm after a phone, and/or some phone system that will prevent any unwanted calls except chosen ones to be accepted by my mum. She has dementia and gets alsorts of calls, as you can imagine and gets confused with everything and wants to pay everybody........she cant as we have her card and finance details but she still gets mithered.
Sky, who she's with do Sky shield but it's too complicated for her. Just want or looking for something that wont allow anything through other than our own calls....any idea guys.....

Truecall requires the caller to input a pin number before being connected. Totally cuts out the problem. Not sure of the cost though.

Edit.

https://www.truecall.co.uk/product-p/cb1.htm

100 for the device and optional 20 annual charge for online management. Seems reasonable mate. Seems you wont need the yearly subs if you just use it for a certain amount of numbers to be allowed and for it to block everything else. The online management seems to be for features you would not need. Reviews look positive.

Last edited:
Can you change the number? Don't tell her what it is just give it her contacts. My number changed when I changed broadband six months ago. I didn't realise they'd changed it. It hasn't rung one single time in six months.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.