Higuain

Don't know if I'm more surprised by the fee, or that Juventus is the club paying it.
This. I'm surprised they haven't tried to get him on loan for nowt in the first season with a return clause if he doesn't score by the bucketful.

Yeah he usually goes hiding in big games but scoring 36 goals in a season is a remarkable achievement.

I've heard that the deal agreed was Juve to pay half this year and the rest next year.

If they can keep Pogba, they'll have another good chance of getting to the UCL final.

Buffon
Barzagli - Bonucci - Benatia
Dani Alves - Pogba - Marchisio - Pjanic - Alex Sandro
Dybala - Higuain
Even if Pogba leaves, that's still an extraordinary team (with Khedira in Pogba's place, and Chiellini instead of Benatia).

Juve will pay 45m this summer and 45m next, they confirmed this through an official announcement on their website.

Yeah he usually goes hiding in big games but scoring 36 goals in a season is a remarkable achievement.

I've heard that the deal agreed was Juve to pay half this year and the rest next year.

If they can keep Pogba, they'll have another good chance of getting to the UCL final.

Buffon
Barzagli - Bonucci - Benatia
Dani Alves - Pogba - Marchisio - Pjanic - Alex Sandro
Dybala - Higuain

Chiellini?

And now that I look at that team, their setup is players all in prototypical positions for their countries.

-Italian defense
-Brazilian wing backs
-Argentine forwards
-French, Italian, German, Bosnian midfielders

And now that I look at that team, their setup is players all in prototypical positions for their countries.

-Italian defense
-Brazilian wing backs
-Argentine forwards
-French, Italian, German, Bosnian midfielders

It's one hell of a squad they have assembled.

The deal with Pogba to either Manchester United or Real Madrid (Pogba's stated preference) needs to be done now so that Juventus can complete the last piece in their jigsaw puzzle (sorry to use that very overused cliche.) That last piece that they can't afford without the Pogba fee is the ultra-talented Mexican who plays for Porto called Hector Herrera. Allegri wants him, Nedved wants him and so does Alex Sandro.

Certainly the miss of Morata was certainly overcompensated for with the Higuain signing.

As has already been alluded to, the fee of £75m seems steep for a 28 year old. But it has to be contextualized with the £80m they spent on two players when they sold Zinedine Zidane to Real Madrid in 2001 - some 15 years ago when fees were significantly lower. The purchases of Pavel Nedved and Lilian Thuram with that £80m was money well spent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.