How far did you walk to school ?

According to maps it was 0.8 of a mile and would take 16 minutes to walk …..but I seem to recall it felt like 2 miles and would take about 30 minutes.

Haha! Seems absolutely mental looking back now that a 4 yr old me was allowed to walk to school under the protection of my 7 year old sister every day!! Was only about 15 mins but seemed a lot longer when you’ve only got little legs.

Haha! Seems absolutely mental looking back now that a 4 yr old me was allowed to walk to school under the protection of my 7 year old sister every day!! Was only about 15 mins but seemed a lot longer when you’ve only got little legs.

If you go back to places you haven't been to since you were a small child, the change in perspective is startling. I remember walking down from Pinner Green in north-west London, down to Pinner as a child, and it seemed quite a long way, and quite a steep hill to go back. Did it about twenty years ago, for the first time ever since I left the area. It was an eight-to-ten minute walk at the outside, and the hill really was nothing at all.
The other thing that you mention makes me quite sad. There was a trust in society that is quite, quite gone. Everybody in the entire country hears about horrific things like the James Bulger affair, and then there is rampant paranoia on the parents' part. By and large, but being careful, I prefer to trust people, and that's the way I raised my son.

3 Mile walk? Bloody luxury!

We walked 36 miles, all uphill, through a Forrest filled with monsters. When we reached school, we were uniformly beaten to a pulp, for having the blood of our friends splattered on our uniforms. Then 6 of maths everyday.

Still, wouldn’t change a thing.

3 Mile walk? Bloody luxury!

We walked 36 miles, all uphill, through a Forrest filled with monsters. When we reached school, we were uniformly beaten to a pulp, for having the blood of our friends splattered on our uniforms. Then 6 of maths everyday.

Still, wouldn’t change a thing.
You are Wednesday from the Addams Family.

Makes sense now. :-)

Nelahozeves, Zlonice and later Prague ;-)

Back on topic, I used to walk about 1 mile to primary school but we had a school bus to secondary school as it was around 4 or 5 miles away.
Nice one Stephen

I used to really fancy a girl who volunteered at the Nelahozeves Zamek. She lived in the town adjacent to the village where I was living and we both used the same train every day. She came to visit her cousin who lived next door to us too. Eva would kill me if she knew haha.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.