Huddersfield (a) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No weakened team, they will be well up for this and are a good team.

I'd like to see Aguero start to try and get some form going before Monaco.

Bravo and Kompany to start too.

I'd like to see Aguero start to try and get some form going before Monaco.

Bravo and Kompany to start too.
I would play two teams. One against Huddersfield and one against Monaco and make it clear to the players too

If we have players in the team who are going to play against Monaco, they might hold something back, and they wont be 100%. And more obviously they will tire for Monaco.

Having just watched PSG, 2nd to Monaco, totally annihilate Barca, we have our work cut out in the champions league. They will be ready for us, and rested as their league is non-existent

Only players who I'd play in both games are central defenders, and maybe one or two who would get 60 mins. I think we have to play Silva or De Bruyne, but we could give them 45 minutes each. I can't see us controlling a game without Silva or KDB.

We are at risk of going out. A big risk, but Monaco is a much bigger game.

We could play

-----------------Willy
---Sagna----Kompany-----Otamendi----Clichy
---------------Fernando
----Navas------Delph-----KDB-----Nolito
----------------kelechi

Losing Jesus is a massive bow for this game, and it takes out a potential match-winner in Aguero.

I would play two teams. One against Huddersfield and one against Monaco and make it clear to the players too

If we have players in the team who are going to play against Monaco, they might hold something back, and they wont be 100%. And more obviously they will tire for Monaco.

Having just watched PSG, 2nd to Monaco, totally annihilate Barca, we have our work cut out in the champions league. They will be ready for us, and rested as their league is non-existent

Only players who I'd play in both games are central defenders, and maybe one or two who would get 60 mins. I think we have to play Silva or De Bruyne, but we could give them 45 minutes each. I can't see us controlling a game without Silva or KDB.

We are at risk of going out. A big risk, but Monaco is a much bigger game.

We could play

-----------------Willy
---Sagna----Kompany-----Otamendi----Clichy
---------------Fernando
----Navas------Delph-----KDB-----Nolito
----------------kelechi

Losing Jesus is a massive bow for this game, and it takes out a potential match-winner in Aguero.
When did we become a team that picked and chose what competitions it tried to win? Given the strength of team put out in previous rounds, I'm assuming Pep is looking to win the FA Cup, as he should be. There's no game for 12 days after Monaco and these players should be able to manage that schedule I would have thought.

When did we become a team that picked and chose what competitions it tried to win? Given the strength of team put out in previous rounds, I'm assuming Pep is looking to win the FA Cup, as he should be. There's no game for 12 days after Monaco and these players should be able to manage that schedule I would have thought.
More than 12 days I am worried about injuries or red cards Taylor is waiting to hand out

So you're not bothered about Monaco then.

Sure I am, but this game can't be underestimated. Rotation needed, but we should be fielding as strong a team as possible. We don't want to be making the same mistake we made this time last year.

Sure I am, but this game can't be underestimated. Rotation needed, but we should be fielding as strong a team as possible. We don't want to be making the same mistake we made this time last year.
Then we are weakened for Monaco. I'm sure you saw the CL game tonight. On a different level to Premiership games. perhaps the 1st leg can sometimes be a bit tactical but I'dbe absolutely amazed if any of the players apart from keeper and central defenders who play 90 mins against Huddersfield play against Monaco.

We are not going to compromise our chances against Monaco in any way whatsoever. If a player plays Huddersfield on Saturday, he'll still have that game in his legs come Monaco. No matter whether there's rest after Monaco. That's irrelevant. Might get away with it in central defence and keeper...the more static positions. I think we might play Silva in one half and KDB in the other. But obviously we can only really do that with one or two players otherwise an injury and it backfires on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.