Huddersfield (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
strong team please pep! hopefully get a decent lead and then ring the changes but we have a real chance to win this cup so go for it please!

bravo
zabba
stones
kolarov
dinho
yaya
sterling
sane
de bruyne
silva
aguero

I can't see the point in playing such a strong team when, if we do win, Pep will almost certainly play a much weaker team against against Boro, a game which would take place in between the re-arranged Stoke game and the much more important Monaco game.

Stick with roughly the same team as played on Saturday (Kelechi in for Aguero), as that is likely to be the team that would play at Boro.

If we proceed to the latter stages of the CL and Fa Cup we're heading for a fixture pile up. Like it or not, the fringe players would have to share some of the workload so playing them against Huddersfield and then Boro would give them much needed game time. And they should be better for having played a few games together.

I can't see the point in playing such a strong team when, if we do win, Pep will almost certainly play a much weaker team against against Boro, a game which would take place in between the re-arranged Stoke game and the much more important Monaco game.

Stick with roughly the same team as played on Saturday (Kelechi in for Aguero), as that is likely to be the team that would play at Boro.

If we proceed to the latter stages of the CL and Fa Cup we're heading for a fixture pile up. Like it or not, the fringe players would have to share some of the workload so playing them against Huddersfield and then Boro would give them much needed game time. And they should be better for having played a few games together.

That's such bad reasoning for playing a weak team.

We should start the best team possible, kill them off early and sub the important players ASAP. It's our best chance at silverware this season and Huddersfield are a good team.

Delph should never play for us again
A sweeping statement would you care to explain Why?
Personally the sugestion above to give him a run at full back is worthy of consideration at least. I think
he may be more disciplined than Fern.

That's such bad reasoning for playing a weak team.

We should start the best team possible, kill them off early and sub the important players ASAP. It's our best chance at silverware this season and Huddersfield are a good team.
I can see both sides of the argument but on balance I think we must rotate particularly with the likelihood of the re-arranged Stoke game. Also I just don't get this
kill them off early mantra which appears to have gained ground within our support base in recent years. It just does not work like that I'm afraid. If you field your strongest team there is no guarantee what so ever that they will" kill off" the opposition in a flash and be ready to take a rest. It is just as likely to be a real battle for an hour with the upper hand only gained in the final twenty minutes. A lot of our squad players are clearly rusty and need a run. They are international players in their own right and should be able to get a victory at home to lower level opposition.

Like it or not the clubs priorities are
1, Champs League
2, League
3, Cup

Can't see a really strong team for this more than likely a decent team though.

Playing Boro next round will possibly be weak team even though we have chance of semi final.

All this Boro talk needs fucking off.
Lets deal with Huddersfield first, they won't rollover and have their belly tickled.

All this Boro talk needs fucking off.
Lets deal with Huddersfield first, they won't rollover and have their belly tickled.

Spot on,we've got a game on our hands. Non of this 'we'll smash em', 'which team agin Boro' talk.

One game at a time, respect, get the job done,no cards or injuries. Next game.

Leave the othe shit to the vile Thursday nighters !!

Hopefully the manager has learnt that the weakened team arrogance doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.