Huddersfield v City post match

About as unspectacular as you'd expect considering the lack of creative players playing. Nolito and Navas are willing grafters, but they've no magic in them, while Delph continues to be utterly pointless no matter where you play him. Zaba and Kolarov really don't have the pace or guile to create their own space, so without anyone creative to play them in we were pretty toothless. Fernandinho again struggled to really put in a performance when given a licence to push forward more.

The positives for me are that we are still in the cup and that the core back line of Bravo, Stones, Otamendi and Fernando were all excellent. Fernando probably my motm for the way he bullied the second half, winning all the loose balls and calmly passing it on to the players who were supposed to be creating. It more highlighted the need for another creative midfielder (or give Aleix a chance) and another winger with the pace and directness to cause problems for if either Sane or Sterling don't play.

tbh you looked in third gear, they looked more hungry and even at times more organised, I thought you guys took it too easy

How long did Sane play?
Ha ha, I almost included an extra paragraph about this in my post. My point wasn't to slag off Sane, who was on the pitch for much less time, who's been excellent recently, and who I hope and expect to be a star for us for years to come. And it wasn't really a defence of Navas, who's really not good enough for us. However, if we're commenting on player performances in THIS game only, and even taking into account the relative time each was on the field, then you'd have to say that as average as Navas was, he was better than Sane.

Okay, I'm primed and ready for the inevitable mis-interpretation of this post as some sort of attack on Sane - fire away!

no creativity in midfield which was glaringly obvious before we kicked the ball. Still should have had enough to beat them but at least we are still in the draw for the next round

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.