Hughes Reaction from OS

mcfcmatt

Boss rues late lapse at the Hawthorns
21/12/2008 16:56

Mark Hughes has regretted a late lapse in concentration that resulted in City slipping to defeat at the Hawthorns on Sunday afternoon.

Roman Bednar’s injury time headed goal saw West Brom take a vital win, but City had been close to taking a point that would have seen them move out of the bottom three in the table after Felipe Caicedo’s 86th minute equaliser. Luke Moore’s goal earlier in the second half saw the Baggies go ahead, and speaking after the game Mark Hughes said:

“We are desperately disappointed because that is two Premier League games running where we have thrown results away. We were in a situation again where we did not recognise the danger as it was occurring, and the opponents have been able to win the game.

“We did well and showed a lot of character to come back after being caught on the break for their opening goal, so I was pleased with the response. At 1-1 I felt if any team was going to in it, it would have been us, we just needed something to drop for us or for us to see the game out.

“We switched off at a crucial time and paid the penalty for it. It’s hard to take for the guys, they are working extremely hard but at the moment things seem to be going against us.”

“There is a frustration because of where we are and how it is going for us. I thought the players gave everything today, and I think that towards the end the efforts of a few of the lads who played on Thursday as well as today had an impact.

“We just have to be strong and make sure that the situation we are in at the moment does not go on for any length of time. We’ll be working hard to make sure we are ready for Boxing Day and the weekend.”

Benjani had hobbled off in the second half, but as yet there is no news on how serious an injury the Zimbabwean striker has sustained.

Tim Oscroft

I thought the players gave everything today, and I think that towards the end the efforts of a few of the lads who played on Thursday as well as today had an impact.

PMSL. clueless wanker.

mcfcmatt said:
or for us to see the game out.

“We switched off at a crucial time and paid the penalty for it. It’s hard to take for the guys, they are working extremely hard but at the moment things seem to be going against us.”

Tim Oscroft

Theres that winning mentality again.

I swear I heard him say something along the lines of. My teams stay focused until the final whistle when he signed.

Funny. I swear we have been beaten in injury time 2 weeks on the trot.

I dont know whats more worrying.

Hughes thinking we played well or that he thinks we just need a bit of "luck" to win games.

Horrified how hes trying to spin our recent performances.

vbr said:
I thought the players gave everything today, and I think that towards the end the efforts of a few of the lads who played on Thursday as well as today had an impact.

PMSL. clueless wanker.
read the first few line's then couldn't be botherd,sick to death of his constant drivel,

...we just needed something to drop for us or for us to see the game out.

So he was hoping for a stroke of luck, but failing that he was happy with a draw.

I've had enough of him now, I really have.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
What a fucking wanker, does he watch the games, because he must be seeing something the rest of us are missing.
give him time - it takes a long time to teach talented footballers to huff and puff and punt long balls up the pitch to 5'7" players ffs give him time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.