I still think we will win the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, the levels of pure delusion in this thread are astronomical!

We have shown zero evidence of consistency since the first 5 games of this season, yet you all magically think we're going to put a run of 8-10 winning games to snatch the title or come close to it.

Face facts, we're in a serious fight for 4th place at best.

If we win v Villa & Norwich, the table will look very different imo. If we don't, then I think it's fair to say they have chucked it in.

But people making predictions that it can't happen at this stage are crazy. There are a LOT of games left & no great team involved. Just a bunch of flawed ones, some of whom go on a run from time to time.

Even after that shambles last night, I'm still positive - I think we can still win the league. I didn't expect anything last night & it was just a bonus all of the top 3 dropped points.It'll become a lot clearer over the next 2-3 weeks but I'm confident within that time frame we'll be only 4 or so points off the top. We've got to play Arsenal at home, which i think we'll win, spurs have a v. tough run in and Leicester will drop points against the 'lesser' sides IMO - I believe Watford will beat them on Saturday, for example. It'll be close, and may even come down to the last game of the season, but we're not out of this yet, in fact I think 7/1 is a great price ;)

You cant rule the rags out then either based on all this as they have Spurs, Us and Leicester to play and seem to have found a bit of form. Strangely most do but then say we are still in a good position despite our form from the first five games onwards actually being worse than theirs which basically sums up just how shit we have been!

Even after that shambles last night, I'm still positive - I think we can still win the league. I didn't expect anything last night & it was just a bonus all of the top 3 dropped points.It'll become a lot clearer over the next 2-3 weeks but I'm confident within that time frame we'll be only 4 or so points off the top. We've got to play Arsenal at home, which i think we'll win, spurs have a v. tough run in and Leicester will drop points against the 'lesser' sides IMO - I believe Watford will beat them on Saturday, for example. It'll be close, and may even come down to the last game of the season, but we're not out of this yet, in fact I think 7/1 is a great price ;)
Sorry King but just can't see it. In theory we can still win the league but in practice we can't. Last night was not so much a case of tired legs but rather a continuation of a malaise that has been going on for a long time now. Yes of course we can win 5 or 6 games on the trot and get back in it but there is absolutely no evidence to suggest that we will. At this point in time a 4th place finish is the best we can hope for. People need to be realistic we are not in the same place as when we won those league titles and indeed we are not even in the same place as we were last season when we needed a late surge to save our skins. The place we are in is a far worse place and frankly we will be lucky to limp over the line. Anybody who thinks we can still win the league and really believes it are going to be very unhappy in a few weeks.

If we win v Villa & Norwich, the table will look very different imo. If we don't, then I think it's fair to say they have chucked it in.

But people making predictions that it can't happen at this stage are crazy. There are a LOT of games left & no great team involved. Just a bunch of flawed ones, some of whom go on a run from time to time.
Wins against Villa and Norwich are needed to secure top 3/4 not to get back into the title race!! Lets be realistic if we are to win this thing we need to win 5 or 6 on the bounce which would include wins against the rags and away to a team called Chelsea remember them? They are 2nd or 3rd in the current form league we are joint 13th along with the Blue Dippers!!!

When people were delusional weeks ago about us winning the league I made the valid point of having Liverpool and Chelsea away where we will win neither. That's one down with still the other to come. String a run together and get top 4 is our only realistic aim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.