IAAF World Championships 2017

And got an incredible send off from the fans, something he totally deserves in my book.

Absolutely.

You've got to wonder what the IAAF are thinking this morning though.

One of the biggest events in athletics history, in front of a global TV audience, will be remembered for a twice banned athlete beating one of the greatest sprinters of all time.

What a great advert for the sport.

Last edited:
But that's because you didn't need the athletics track afterwards.

That wasn't really an option with the Olympic Stadium.
I'm not questioning that. If you read my whole post, not just the bit you quoted, I did say that it was football being played in an athletics stadium. Which was in response to BlueHammer's comments about some of the fans at the football games played there being a long way from the pitch. And why, while it is unquestionably a huge upgrade on Upton Park, it isn't ideal. But it's done now. The board/club and the "landlords" are happy with it, and I guess that's all that matters really.

Absolutely.

One of the biggest events in athletics history, in front of a global TV audience, will be remembered for a twice banned athlete beating one of the greatest sprinters of all time.

I totally agree- Gatlin was given the bird for two good reasons. The authorities will have some soul searching to do as their rules allowed him to carry on competing at a point where the sport is about to lose a couple of track icons - as you say what message is that sending out?

Absolutely.

Only themselves to blame. A serial doper allowed to piss on their parade.

Lord Coe on the radio earlier - they tried to get more effective ban on Gatlin but couldn't? So the IAAF make the rules which forbid them from doing what they think is the right thing? How fucked up is that?
Makes no sense at all. You can kind of forgive one doping offense (just about) but to do it again should be automatically banned for life. This has been brewing for years and I think the IAAF have just buried their head in the sand and hoped gatlin never one. Now they just look very stupid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.