ide love it! ide absolutely love it if.....

I like Newcastle and their fans. Unlike Bolton, Blackburn and Stoke they at least play football and I've always had a great time when I've gone up to watch us there. There are quite a few teams I'd much rather see go down than them. There's no doubt that the Premiership would be poorer without them.

But you do wonder if they need to get out of the spotlight and re-group in the Championship, as they did a few seasons ago. The trouble is that if you look at the Championship, the three teams going down (assuming Norwich do) were all in the Premiership 5 seasons ago. I'd hate that to happen to them.

kippax88 said:
newcastle got relegated! cant stand them...

I agree if only for the news shots of thousands of fat geordies crying into their newkie brown...

I fear however that Hull's spectacular drop might be enough to save Newcastle no matter how badly they play. I reckon it will end up as west brom, middlesborough and hull going down.

sdavros said:
I'd rather Newcastle stayed put. I wouldn't wish relegation on any big club with a bit of history. They don't deserve Mike Ashley and they don't deserve to go down. I would have though with all the shite we've been through we'd have a bit of empathy for a club in that situation. Just cos we have buckets of money doesn't mean we have to turn into arsehole fans

The only "bit of history" they have is the record of never wining fuck all and as for empathy don't think they ever showed us any hope they go and take boro with them !

sdavros said:
I'd rather Newcastle stayed put. I wouldn't wish relegation on any big club with a bit of history. They don't deserve Mike Ashley and they don't deserve to go down. I would have though with all the shite we've been through we'd have a bit of empathy for a club in that situation. Just cos we have buckets of money doesn't mean we have to turn into arsehole fans

Why is it that some people think certain clubs have a history and other clubs don't? Every club in the country has its own unique history - just because that history might not involve winning shit-loads of trophies doesn't mean a club doesn't have a friggin' history ffs. And if we are measuring history in terms of trophies won then Newcastle have gone even longer than us without winning one so why does that make them more worthy of a place in the Premiership than many other clubs? At the end of the day, all teams are where they are on merit. And just because they have a large following, it doesn't give them a divine right to be in the league as we have found out to our own cost in the past. We may have averaged 28,000 in Division 2 but that alone doesn't give a team the right to beat all the other smaller supported clubs in the division - that season I seem to remember us losing to York and Lincoln, and Wycombe did the double over us. All those clubs beat us on merit because they were the better team on the day and fair play to them.

As for Newcastle, to be honest I want to see them go down. And that view has nothing to do with arrogance surrounding our new-found wealth. Their fans are amongst the most deluded on the planet - they think that painting their garage door black and white makes them more of a fan than supporters of other clubs which is complete and utter bollocks. Where the fuck were they all during the 1990-1991 season when they got 10,004 for a home game against Oxford? Where the fuck were they all for the first few months of the 1991-1992 season when Ardiles was manager and they were struggling near the foot of the old division 2? Fair enough, if a club isn't doing so well then attendances will invariably drop and if they are doing well then attendances will rise, but seeing their crowds practically double overnight when KK came in as manager is fucking embarrassing.

It makes me laugh when you hear the media bang on about how Newcastle are the second club for so many fans - to be honest, I don't know anyone who holds that view and every football fan I know hopes to fuck they go down. We never got any sympathy during our dark days and to be honest I never wanted any so why the hell I should feel sorry for those deluded barcode bastards I don't know. But if I was to feel sorry for a club, I felt a shit-load more sympathy for Norwich last night - a club that has been playing to capacity crowds week in, week out, for years and with fans that are every bit as passionate about their club as Newcastle's are, not to mention the fact that Norwich's fans are a damn sight more pleasant into the bargain.

kippax88 said:

p.s

pompy only took 300 fans to newcastle that must be a premier league lowest away attendance surely!

300?? there looked about 50 to me..........to be fair to them portsmouth to newcastle on a monday night? possibly 2 days holiday? thats a joke

kippax88 said:

p.s

pompy only took 300 fans to newcastle that must be a premier league lowest away attendance surely!
Monday night at the other side of the country, what do you expect?

sdavros said:

AGREED

sdavros said:

I totally agree with this. I can't stand small-minded fans chortling with glee on here when we were in their situation a few short years ago. Have some sympathy, ffs.

And toon fans are fine; it's not their fault the owners have been idiots, so less of the small-minded glee, please. Besides; toon, Stoke or pie-eaters? It's a no-brainer, surely?

sdavros said:

Exactly my sentiments matey. We have been in that place where they are now, and I feel for them.

Rösler's Dad said:
sdavros said:

I totally agree with this. I can't stand small-minded fans chortling with glee on here when we were in their situation a few short years ago. Have some sympathy, ffs.

And toon fans are fine; it's not their fault the owners have been idiots, so less of the small-minded glee, please. Besides; toon, Stoke or pie-eaters? It's a no-brainer, surely?

Some are - in fact, I know a couple myself and they're okay. But in general, they're a bunch of deluded twats who believe their own hype that they're the greatest fans on the planet who think that because they wear those stupid barcoded shirts it gives them carte blanche to take over any town on their travels and act as though they own the place. (And yes, I know we like to drink in numbers at our away games but there's an air of total arrogance about the way the Geordies go about it). Plenty of them are real nasty bastards as well - I've heard lots of stories about their behaviour over the years and not all of them stretch back to the 70's and 80's when hooliganism was rife amongst almost every club in the country. A mate of mine used to work with a Blackburn fan who had the displeasure of going up there for the Newcastle v Blackburn match early in the 1993-1994 season. It was the barcodes first season back in the top flight and the match ended in a 1-1 draw. Afterwards, this Blackburn fan witnessed some of his fellow fans literally being dragged from their cars as they waited in traffic, being kicked to fuck, and left in the street. Fuck me, this was Blackburn they were playing - not Sunderland or 'Boro. And what about the 2000-2001 season when some of their lot decided to attack The Clarence pub despite the fact that it was crowded inside and out with both City and Newcastle fans?

No, fuck 'em. And that view has got nothing to do with our new-found wealth - it's a long-held view that I and many fans of many different clubs share. Get them and 'Boro down. Sunderland to stay up please - their fans are far better behaved and are more loyal into the bargain. I don't ever remember Sunderland's league crowds going down as low as 10,000 when they slipped as far as Newcastle did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.