Ilkay Gundogan - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still a bit off the pace which is hardly surprising considering his time out and the injury he suffered

Once he gets his eye in he'll be fine, don't forget he's come from one of the best counter attacking teams in Europe and has an eye for a pass, it'll come.
Reminds me of watching David Silva early in his city career.

The pace of the game seems to be getting the better of him. He's much stronger in the 2nd half of a match when the intensity drops.

He'll certainly get there but I do feel starting Fernando tonight and bringing Gundogan off the bench would've been much more effective for the above reasons.

Still a bit off the pace which is hardly surprising considering his time out and the injury he suffered

Once he gets his eye in he'll be fine, don't forget he's come from one of the best counter attacking teams in Europe and has an eye for a pass, it'll come.

Made plenty of passes and completed most of them, including 5 key passes so it wasn't all bad.

I thought he was one of our best players tonight along with sterling

I thought he was better than a lot of people are prepared to credit him. I think he ran the ball when he should have passed on more than one occasion. Was a bit unlucky not to score the winner: had his shot not deflected off one of their players, it would have beaten Gordon, imo.

Much better second half when he was dropped deeper alongside Fernandinho. Still getting up to speed i would think.

Got to give him benifit of doubt. Wasnt great however did a lot a running and did try to get us playing forward. Dont forget hes played a lot of football over the last few weeks after a long time out.

That shot he had in added time - was it a cheeky handball by the Celtic defender? He certainly faked a bit if cramp just afterwards, like all guilty parties do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.