Impatient fans - the most likely thing to ruin this chapter

whp.blue I suggest you learn to read! as a large chunk of the post is how we change manager if we believe we need to! When you learn to read, learn some basic politeness and common sense maybe you can enter an adult conversation!

We may or may not have the right man, but acting like George W Bush panicking and doing whatever comes to mind that second is no way to make a club great. If we had Jose and a good back room team ready to join monday with targets identified then I would see some sense in changing managers, if we react in an immature and knee jerk way, sack a manager and then very publicly scrabble around to get the first big name manager we could I would be very worried about our future - as it would show that our ownership are amateurish and not fit to take the club where they wish to.

its got f-ck all to do with money finances bullshit.can anybody answer these questions
1 robby and ireland were in the squad yesterday why
2are our reserves and academy that shit
3 why as no academy product made his debut under hughes
4why is kompany shoutng and blaming everyone when we have a manager and a captain
5fernandes left midfield
6fabian delph i have watched our academy for years and we battered leeds with delph in the team every time.lets copy the rags is this the way
7watched training through the fence the day before the forest game and the only players who was trying was fernandes,clayton,marshall,robby.no s ireland.the rest didnt even try the body language was the same as the perfomance heads down something is seriously wrong at the moment
8 first team coach eddie something was a goalie ideal or not
9 haman on the bench why
10 ched struggling like f-uck why on the bench
11 elano knows hes leaving play him or not
12 m ball watches is future go down the pan before the game play him or not.
im just a fan and lets face it we can tare mh apart with his tacticts selection

So you (inital poster) are saying that we should sit back and cross our fingers that it gets better !!!

We have a squad of players who only play well once things are already going well - nodody can be arsed at 1-0 down. That had got to change first and foremost

very well put ealingblue2... its the long approach we need to have focus on... and you make a couple a great points in your first post

It will take time and things will many times look like they are getting worse before change is at hand... this season has to be seen as a transition season... that happens all the time with new regimes... and half way through the season we are 13 th in the league... still time to make top 10... its a very close league...

we have players that are very low in confidence and seems to me have low self esteem... they worry to much about all these changes they see around them and the paper talk of transfers coming in... but so far nothing Hughes has done in transfer market has been bad... (well except TBH) he has got us some great players... but we still have to many deadwoods in our squad...

But where i have issues with Hughes is in the tactical and man management areas... Not sure he is up to the task in those areas... but time will tell and now is a very wrong time to change manager... give him to summer and then see what has happened... line someone up before you make a change in manager position... there are certain ways of doing things right but so many ways to do things wrong and reacting emotional is absolutely wrong way to make any decision about our club...

thanks ealingblue2 for speaking up!!! Im behind your thoughts

gman07 said:
we have players that are very low in confidence and seems to me have low self esteem...

I think thats probably right, but the players who are most likely to be suffering a drop in confidence are the same ones that have been singled out in the press (via direct statement or leak) by the coaching staff.

Could be a coincidence I guess.

Re: Impatient fans are the most likely thing to ruin project

moomba said:
Fans won't ruin anything.

The management will make the best decisions they can for the good of the club.

If they make an unsound decision based on the wishes of the supporters, then that is bad management and they deserve to be criticised. Not the supporters that have kept the club afloat through decades of shit performances.

And while it won't ruin the "project" what will set us back for at least two years is shit performances, shit results and a shit manager.

Excellent point. That's like saying Woolworths should blame the customers for them going tits up!

It's management's responsibility to make the decisions... it's NEVER the fault of the fans.

We are absolutely powerless compared to the owners, yet we have City fans, once again, going for the easy option of blaming the "impatient" fans!

Have you looked at our history? Impatient? I don't know of a more patient support in the English game!

Lay the blame at the right people, the ones geting paid big bucks to call it right. Not the mug punters who turn up week-in, week-out, only to be let down.

EalingBlue2 said:
Having worked in senior finance roles for a few years and looked in some details at what it takes to bring long term success to organisations I do think that impatient fans in the same way as impatient shareholders are the most likely thing to stop us achieveing what we need to.

The fact is to get to where we want to get to (with the exception of the academy) we need to upgrade every bit of our club and we need to upgrade everything from the players , to the culture, to the ground, to the facilities, to the way we conduct business.

The only way to do this is with patience, bottle, consistency and time. That does not mean we stick with the manager and the players we have necessarily, but it does mean we make no impatient, foolish and knee jerk decisions. If and when we make a change in manager we should do so in a calculated and professional way. when the right person is available and when the rubbish has been cleaned up by the current manager and not just because we lose a few games or we are feeling stroppy.

There is also no point getting the right manager in unless we have the system in place to support them and have things ready to go. Therefore I think we would probably be sensible to make a decision in March or so if we change to have someone lined up by mid april to start on June 1. To change now would be stupid.

We also need to realise that even if we had the best manager in the world today many of these problems would stil be happening. Nothing good in business, life or sport comes about overnight, nothing gets better without first getting worse. Cultures are not changed without pain, resistance, resentment and other problems. But above all no business ever delivers a successful strategy if everytime there are problems short term decisions are allowed to over rule long term strategy and if the management of an organisation bottle it and pander to short termism with every problem.

To change the culture of our club will take a few seasons and a major change in personnel on and off the pitch and judging by BlueMoon in the stands as well. It will require a dedication to a mission which will push forward regardless of the support and it will require those who want to stay on board to change mentality too.

To change the culture off the pitch will mean binning favourites if they cannot live a professional life and they cannot show the work ethic and professionalism that is required. The argument that our players are too good to have to live by Hughes ethic is wrong. B*llox if any player is not prepared to try every game, not prepared to train hard enough and live cleanly they should be booted out - exactly as any good manager would do. This will take a few seasons and this will take this time whoever is in charge as to replace your best players means you have to have signed the right replacements you cannot just strop and start playing 16 year olds.

Even when we make these changes we are going to have a team of strangers who I think it will take a year or two to bond, train, get playing the system etc.

In summary if webehave professionally, ruthlessly and stay focussed I think we have a chance of top 10 this year , top 6 next, top 4 the year after and then maybe of winning something. If we keep chopping and changing, acting all emotionally and pandering to the fans then we will be a joke forever.

For years this is what City have done, managers have been pushed out for short term expediency, players have been chopped for short term expediency and the impatience of the
fans and the believe we are still the huge team we were in the 60's has been allowed to ruin every start we have given ourselves. Because the fans have not yet accepted (it is exactly the same at Spurs and Newcastle) that we are mid table and medium we constantly change, throw money at the problem and bottle it when we don't achieve top 4 status.

now for the first time ever we have a regime who can afford to and due to where they are can very easily ignore the fans and the hysterical press and this may be the greatest thing in our favour.

As for yesterday we know now which players are not professional enough to be part of our future, this makes our clubs decisions that much more easy. We probably also know by now Hughes limitations and what we need to do about this and when we need to do it.

So how do you take into account a team that has finished top 10 last term might just finsh top 10 season having spent further £100m+ to add that sqaud. Being a fellow proffessional like myself this how can you justify the team that got justify a might finish top 10 this year as acceptable considering investments made .

BTW sorry to here of the companies demise you are clearly an Woolies emlpoyee

moomba said:
gman07 said:
we have players that are very low in confidence and seems to me have low self esteem...

I think thats probably right, but the players who are most likely to be suffering a drop in confidence are the same ones that have been singled out in the press (via direct statement or leak) by the coaching staff.

Could be a coincidence I guess.
well i said in my last paragraph that im not sure of Hughes tactical and man management skills... those are the issues on him for me... and leaking to press is the worst kind of management you can do... it smacks of bully attitude and high ego but being conflict afraid.... you try to be sneaky to get people on your side (Fans) instead of taking it behind close doors and air it out...

EalingBlue2 said:
Having worked in senior finance roles for a few years and looked in some details at what it takes to bring long term success to organisations I do think that impatient fans in the same way as impatient shareholders are the most likely thing to stop us achieveing what we need to.

The fact is to get to where we want to get to (with the exception of the academy) we need to upgrade every bit of our club and we need to upgrade everything from the players , to the culture, to the ground, to the facilities, to the way we conduct business.

The only way to do this is with patience, bottle, consistency and time. That does not mean we stick with the manager and the players we have necessarily, but it does mean we make no impatient, foolish and knee jerk decisions. If and when we make a change in manager we should do so in a calculated and professional way. when the right person is available and when the rubbish has been cleaned up by the current manager and not just because we lose a few games or we are feeling stroppy.

There is also no point getting the right manager in unless we have the system in place to support them and have things ready to go. Therefore I think we would probably be sensible to make a decision in March or so if we change to have someone lined up by mid april to start on June 1. To change now would be stupid.

We also need to realise that even if we had the best manager in the world today many of these problems would stil be happening. Nothing good in business, life or sport comes about overnight, nothing gets better without first getting worse. Cultures are not changed without pain, resistance, resentment and other problems. But above all no business ever delivers a successful strategy if everytime there are problems short term decisions are allowed to over rule long term strategy and if the management of an organisation bottle it and pander to short termism with every problem.

To change the culture of our club will take a few seasons and a major change in personnel on and off the pitch and judging by BlueMoon in the stands as well. It will require a dedication to a mission which will push forward regardless of the support and it will require those who want to stay on board to change mentality too.

To change the culture off the pitch will mean binning favourites if they cannot live a professional life and they cannot show the work ethic and professionalism that is required. The argument that our players are too good to have to live by Hughes ethic is wrong. B*llox if any player is not prepared to try every game, not prepared to train hard enough and live cleanly they should be booted out - exactly as any good manager would do. This will take a few seasons and this will take this time whoever is in charge as to replace your best players means you have to have signed the right replacements you cannot just strop and start playing 16 year olds.

Even when we make these changes we are going to have a team of strangers who I think it will take a year or two to bond, train, get playing the system etc.

In summary if webehave professionally, ruthlessly and stay focussed I think we have a chance of top 10 this year , top 6 next, top 4 the year after and then maybe of winning something. If we keep chopping and changing, acting all emotionally and pandering to the fans then we will be a joke forever.

For years this is what City have done, managers have been pushed out for short term expediency, players have been chopped for short term expediency and the impatience of the fans and the believe we are still the huge team we were in the 60's has been allowed to ruin every start we have given ourselves. Because the fans have not yet accepted (it is exactly the same at Spurs and Newcastle) that we are mid table and medium we constantly change, throw money at the problem and bottle it when we don't achieve top 4 status.

now for the first time ever we have a regime who can afford to and due to where they are can very easily ignore the fans and the hysterical press and this may be the greatest thing in our favour.

As for yesterday we know now which players are not professional enough to be part of our future, this makes our clubs decisions that much more easy. We probably also know by now Hughes limitations and what we need to do about this and when we need to do it.

Thats all well and good mate, but fans are only concerned with whats happening on the pitch now. I'm trying to be patient with Hughes, I really am, but yet again I'm concerned by his team selections, tactics, and substitutions. What bothers me more is the blatantly obvious fact that we have some quite serious concerns now about the managers relationship with th squad.

It's been quite a while since I saw a City side as disorganised as the one I saw yesterday. Players played out of position, no game plan, absolutely no cutting edge, long ball tactics, no guts,the list is endless. What the fuck was that all about with Vassell taking his earrings out??? Where's the discipline, the professionalism?

To be honest I'm stuck between two trains of thought here. Part of me says the buck stops with Hughes, it ain't working so get rid. The other part says it's down to the players not liking the tougher regime Hughes has supposedly brought to the Club (although I can't see much benefit on the pitch yet), that too many players know they're playing their last few games for us.

I honestly don't know what to think anymore, but yesterday was just disgusting, and I think the twenty-odd thousand Blues that witnessed it deserve a full and frank apology from every fucking player. A full refund would be a welcome gesture too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.