In support of Hughes

CBlue

All I can see currently is a number of numpties trying to suppress comments about our current management team without adding anything of substance to the issue. I've decided to start a thread so that these numpties can actually "bring something to the table". So here's the question:

Why should we continue to support Hughes?

The following answers are not in support of Hughes:
1. It would be silly to get rid now
2. He's the manager & we should support him
3. You're an idiot/(insert gratuitous insult here) for asking the question

Unfortunately, I understand that not including the 3 above actually rules out about 95% of these idiots but here's hoping that the other 5% have something!!

He is our manager and deserves our support. What if all these sky watching kiddies get their wish and we get 'the special one' or some other manager who is 'great on Fifa' and they lose 3 games on the bounce? They'd be calling for their heads too, they do not have a clue what being a 'supporter' of a football club is. Those that have come on here and made posts calling dunne and hughes on a personal level are idiots and should be treated as such.

He deserves a full season and a full transfer window with the £££ before we judge him......at least!

CBlue said:
All I can see currently is a number of numpties trying to suppress comments about our current management team without adding anything of substance to the issue. I've decided to start a thread so that these numpties can actually "bring something to the table". So here's the question:

Why should we continue to support Hughes?

The following answers are not in support of Hughes:
1. It would be silly to get rid now
2. He's the manager & we should support him
3. You're an idiot/(insert gratuitous insult here) for asking the question

Unfortunately, I understand that not including the 3 above actually rules out about 95% of these idiots but here's hoping that the other 5% have something!!

Under your preconditions I can't see this being a long thread but I look forward to the replies :)

brooklandsblue said:
He is our manager and deserves our support. What if all these sky watching kiddies get their wish and we get 'the special one' or some other manager who is 'great on Fifa'

In fairness to Jose he was kinda good at the real thing to unless you think winning the CL with Porto and the PL (twice) with Chelsea was seriously underachieving...

After us losing league 3 games on the bounce its perfectly valid to question the manager without being on the receipt of abuse.

Its also a valid point that you can't support the man just because he is the manager in which case Clarke and Ball would still be here.

However it is also not uneasonable to point out that Hughes has had 12 league games which is not a lot of time. Plus if he had inherited a team that was going places then it would be even be more worrying but that is not what happened. We were a team showing relegation forms when he joined. There was nothing wrong with the spirit today but individual errors cost us.

I believe Hughes has signed good players and we play good football but at the moment we aren't getting the results.

What happens if we get another manager and after his first 12 games we are getting nowhere do we sack him?

Obviously Hughes needs results to pick up a.s.a.p but I don't think now is the time to get rid.

Hughes should continue because:

He needs time to build his own team and to be given that chance in an age where football is crazy.

However, for the one's who don't support Hughes, and there are many of us, why shouldn't Hughes continue?

If my manager at work failed to get results and lost the support of half of the office, and his teams opinions could not be heard, would we expect our manager to feel the pressure and maybe be relieved of his duties?

1) mark hughes has bought zab,robhino,swp and kompany, thats 4 out of our best 5 players.
2) the other is steven ireland,who was shyte last season .
3)mark hughes cant be blamed for poor refereeing
4)also you cant blame him for own goals and suicidal defending
5)you cant blame him for injuries to key players (petrov,bojinov )
mark hughes should be judged at the end of the season when hes had time to bring in his own players.

BobKowalski said:
In fairness to Jose he was kinda good at the real thing to unless you think winning the CL with Porto and the PL (twice) with Chelsea was seriously underachieving...

He did, but Sven had a great record and did not cut the mustard according to many. I think if you look at the true stars of the chelsea team those years Terry/Lampard/Cole/Makalele......Jose did not bring them in. He added to that base well, but with over 100m to do that, so would I. He did a very good job at Porto, but so did Ramos in Spain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.