In support of Hughes

glyncity said:
1) mark hughes has bought zab,robhino,swp and kompany, thats 4 out of our best 5 players.
2) the other is steven ireland,who was shyte last season .
3)mark hughes cant be blamed for poor refereeing
4)also you cant blame him for own goals and suicidal defending
5)you cant blame him for injuries to key players (petrov,bojinov )
mark hughes should be judged at the end of the season when hes had time to bring in his own players.

Spot on mate.

Things aren't going our way right now, and he needs to sort the defence out but he has inherited a team from Sven on the decline. He will sort this in Jan.

He has signed Zab, Sweep, Kompany and Robinho. Each of these are class signings. He also stopped the sale of Ireland...enough said.

Give him time, he will get there.

bollox we have gone backwards under hughes ok he signed 4 quality players why the fuck are we 2 points of the bottom of the league reality check in order here lads do you mh supporters actually go to the games we are awfull who is coaching the defence coz they aint got no idea

*signs*

some people on this board:

"sven out! hughes out, sven better/new manager! new manager out, new manager in! where the fuck is sven?! vassell out! vassell crap! vassell class! why aren't we playing vassell! vassell injured??! vassell = the good old times! benjani shit! jo superstar! benjani out, jo in! ahhh... fuck that jo! where's our +30 goals?! i miss benjani/benjanis still shit, benjani in/new striker! i always knew that petrov and elano was good eventhough i said they were shit..."

it's kind of like the US elections in some regards - completely irrational with spiteful calls for finding scapegoats once everything doesn't turn out quite as they'd expected it to when being confronted with the reality of football in terms of players and plays as opposed to the dream of football in terms of names and star quality and apperance.

it's silly shallow to say the least.

and fuck knows what these people are watching...

brooklandsblue said:
BobKowalski said:
In fairness to Jose he was kinda good at the real thing to unless you think winning the CL with Porto and the PL (twice) with Chelsea was seriously underachieving...

He did, but Sven had a great record and did not cut the mustard according to many. I think if you look at the true stars of the chelsea team those years Terry/Lampard/Cole/Makalele......Jose did not bring them in. He added to that base well, but with over 100m to do that, so would I. He did a very good job at Porto, but so did Ramos in Spain.

Yeah Sven did such a shit job. Keeping us in the top 4 until January with Vassell as our main striker what was he thinking?

As for Jose I agree bleeding rubbish with his 100m to spend. Mind you we have spent 70 mil on Hughes watch but lets wait until Hughes finally gets round to putting his stamp on things hey? Any idea how much longer he will be on that?

Hughes has spent over £70m on this team and we're 2 points off the bottom of the table. He's put on Gelson at RB against Liverpool when Zab got sent off (when we were winning) whilst Ben Haim was left on the bench. He's also played Micah at left back (twice) and we've already lost 7 league games this season without playing 2 of the big four. We've rescued a draw at Newcastle when thre've played over an hour with 10 men and were bottom of the league. Lost to Bolton who were bottom & today at home to Spurs who were bottom when the game kicked off. If I was Hughes I would start to worry.

On the plus side were got Robinho!

BobKowalski said:
Yeah Sven did such a shit job. Keeping us in the top 4 until January with Vassell as our main striker what was he thinking?

As for Jose I agree bleeding rubbish with his 100m to spend. Mind you we have spent 70 mil on Hughes watch but lets wait until Hughes finally gets round to putting his stamp on things hey? Any idea how much longer he will be on that?

Barring TBH who we all know was signed to bolster numbers, please tell me which of his signings you are not happy with? I'll name a few of Svens if you are like.....

skyblue1894 said:
Hughes has spent over £70m on this team and we're 2 points off the bottom of the table. He's put on Gelson at RB against Liverpool when Zab got sent off (when we were winning) whilst Ben Haim was left on the bench. He's also played Micah at left back (twice) and we've already lost 7 league games this season without playing 2 of the big four. We've rescued a draw at Newcastle when thre've played over an hour with 10 men and were bottom of the league. Lost to Bolton who were bottom & today at home to Spurs who were bottom when the game kicked off. If I was Hughes I would start to worry.

On the plus side were got Robinho!

bang on mate clueless decisions will or should cost him

nick.nikky said:
*signs*

some people on this board:

"sven out! hughes out, sven better/new manager! new manager out, new manager in! where the fuck is sven?! vassell out! vassell crap! vassell class! why aren't we playing vassell! vassell injured??! vassell = the good old times! benjani shit! jo superstar! benjani out, jo in! ahhh... fuck that jo! where's our +30 goals?! i miss benjani/benjanis still shit, benjani in/new striker! i always knew that petrov and elano was good eventhough i said they were shit..."

it's kind of like the US elections in some regards - completely irrational with spiteful calls for finding scapegoats once everything doesn't turn out quite as they'd expected it to when being confronted with the reality of football in terms of players and plays as opposed to the dream of football in terms of names and star quality and apperance.

it's silly shallow to say the least.

and fuck knows what these people are watching...

Excellent post. The scapegoating has to end, it's not healthy and helps no-one.

I think all the Hughes out threads are pathetic, since they happen when we lose and not a word is mentioned regarding Hughes when we win. However...today - im worried, for the following reasons.

1) Why drop Elano at home.
2) Why play SWP (superb right winger) in the middle.
3) Why play Vass, only just back from injury, on the right.
4) Why play Benj for 90 mins.
5) Why not put Jo on to at least give their defence something different to think about.
6) Why play Benj left wing for so long.

I cant explain the above, and im a little worried now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.