IPCC routinely suspend officers who shot the London terrorists.

Slightly sensationalist thread title based on a sensationalist Telegraph headline. As people have said, this is normal procedure and one can't help but feel the headline was designed to needlessly provoke outrage in people. People see these headlines, don't actually read the article and then that's what gets passed on/remembered. "Oh, did you hear those coppers got suspended. Political correctness gone mad!".
If they are not suspended from there duties what is there status then ?

The eight policemen who shot the 3 terroists in London have been suspeded .it might be normal procedure after such an incident but it cant do much for police moral

Put the boot on the other foot. You are a firearms officer called to a domestic where a guy is said to be armed. In the course of events you shoot him dead and you are suspended as is routine. How would you feel if the London officer's weren't? One rule for them and another for you? There is a procedure that has to be followed.

Put the boot on the other foot. You are a firearms officer called to a domestic where a guy is said to be armed. In the course of events you shoot him dead and you are suspended as is routine. How would you feel if the London officer's weren't? One rule for them and another for you? There is a procedure that has to be followed.
Correct but as i said it cant be good for moral

I can imagine people will think twice about becoming a fire arms officer knowing they will be suspended and scrutinized for doing there job.cant do much for confidence building

If an average run of the mill constable gets into it with a suspect with a knife, club, etc and has to smash the scrote in the head with a brick in self defense, and kills him the same administrative leave occurs. The gun is incidental. It's all about making sure the officer acted in a legal manner.

Been this way for a while. I usually moan of a lack of oversight but this seems very inhibiting. That said, if any public job needs such oversight this one can make a claim for top spot (armed police called into action).

I would make it a known course of action that any officers involved in an incident where they themselves discharged a firearm they go into something like 'legally required operational stasis' instead of the stigma being attached with the word 'suspended'. It implies wrong doing when really it is a technicality, just let the general public aware with such a legislation or whatnot.

Surely at the height of high terroist alert we need these special officers on the street and not off duty pending investigation?

Been this way for a while. I usually moan of a lack of oversight but this seems very inhibiting. That said, if any public job needs such oversight this one can make a claim for top spot (armed police called into action).

I would make it a known course of action that any officers involved in an incident where they themselves discharged a firearm they go into something like 'legally required operational stasis' instead of the stigma being attached with the word 'suspended'. It implies wrong doing when really it is a technicality, just let the general public aware with such a legislation or whatnot.

The papers know the score. This is fucking click bait.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.