Ireland injured in training

Blue2112 said:
For you lot that think I'm making it up I'm going over to see him now, I'll be back on later to tell you more.

Not suggesting you're making it up mate I was just thinking that if he was fit enough to train today then maybe the cast is just a precaution for Saturday? Either that or NMT thought Danny Mills was Stevie from a distance.

Oh shit. Is it me or can we never get all our players out at the same time? Bellamy and Ireland struggling just as Boj, Sturridge and Benjani are coming back (plus Petrov and Johnson)

He was spotted driving through Macclesfield this afternoon so can't be too bad.

Steve's been carrying a few knocks throughout the season, the current one causing him problems was picked up a few weeks ago at Allborg and he's been struggling ever since. Today in training the same ligaments were damaged in a tackle and he had his leg in a cast to help protect the injury. It's sore and painful to put his full pressure on but it doesn't stop him from driving although he can feel it and he's hoping it will be easier by tomorrow. Personally I'd hope he rests up and gets fit for Hamburg as its a far more important fixture than the Arsenal one and if he damages it further being brought back too soon then it could damage him for potentialy bigger fixtures further down the line.

Blue2112 said:
Steve's been carrying a few knocks throughout the season, the current one causing him problems was picked up a few weeks ago at Allborg and he's been struggling ever since. Today in training the same ligaments were damaged in a tackle and he had his leg in a cast to help protect the injury. It's sore and painful to put his full pressure on but it doesn't stop him from driving although he can feel it and he's hoping it will be easier by tomorrow. Personally I'd hope he rests up and gets fit for Hamburg as its a far more important fixture than the Arsenal one and if he damages it further being brought back too soon then it could damage him for potentialy bigger fixtures further down the line.

Do you him personally then? How about a Bluemoon interview? We haven't had one for a while.

Blue Dan said:
Blue2112 said:

Do you him personally then? How about a Bluemoon interview? We haven't had one for a while.

Yes and he's a quality lad, being totally honest here he's the typical footballer every fan wants at their club, 100% committed on and off the pitch, has time for the fans and what they're saying and always prepared to listen. He said tonight he's already preparing himself for the close season and putting in the extra training for next year although we have some big fixtures left this season and he's looking forward to them first. Although everyone has commented on his form this year he believes hes still not satisfied with some of his performances and that we haven't seen anywhere near his best yet. If he wins the player of the season I'll ask him for an interview and his thoughts on this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.