Is anyone else not getting excited?

I thought they would be difficult to beat, but watching them v Stoke & Everton, I'm not sure that's the case.

Until Everton threw the towel in, they created more genuine scoring opportunities than Utd, & actually most of the ones Utd had were created by Everton.

They were bossing possession as well.

I thought Utd looked really poor tbh, surprisingly so.

I think that's the important point.

United to me don't look like they have enough players who are comfortable on the ball and i'm not even talking Pep Guardiola levels either. Yesterday, Mata was the their only player I would class as very good on the ball, Mkhitaryan is okay but gives it away a lot, Matic and Valencia had their moments but mainly because of their strength which helps them shield the ball.

All this means they aren't going to dominate the ball that much, which means the teams that face them will get more chances.

We've had a more difficult start than United, we've played with 10 for a long time in one of the games, faced an unbeaten side after 4 games and a top 6 side and yet not surprising to me, De Gea has still had more saves to make than Ederson (& Bravo) and we've conceded the same amount.

The lad's got a point, let's say, this year, 17/18, we win all the cups, including CL and win the league -- that's a hell of a worry going into 18/19 season, what if we don't sustain it? mmmmm, 'noddappy' --lol - LOVE City fans, salt of the earth!
I know, we don't want to peak to soon. After all, we've only been a going concern since 1880.

well Liverpool,Feyenord and Watford relistically in points terms there is a draw with pool and a draw at Feyenord and 3 points at Watford so to come away with 9pts from those games and a 15-0 goal avearage is out of this world, TBH i think we are a tweek or two away from becoming top notch in Europe but certaainly the best in this country, win the league yes i'm excited and if your skint bang a tenner on a 4 or 5 nil win against palace
Our legends (you know who they are) now have some proper supporting acts. If Pep has his first eleven available against the likes of Madrid, Bayern, Barca, PSG or Atletico, he'll go toe-to-toe. Just praying the injury situation is kind to us this year.

Excited? Hell Yes
But still tempered by our record vs. top 4 teams...Steady as she goes for me.

Yes ideally id like to see walker, mendy and fern all rested tomorrow, but we are lacking cover. Might be Yaya's first start i guess, but its important Fern especially gets the rest he needs. Burnt out massively last season due to never getting a rest.
It was the unfortunate sending off vs Chelsea that disrupted his rhythm initially and then he had to play out of position for a few games IIRC.

I am really excited, I mean, 15 goals in the last 3 games is awesome. But the league is long and the start of the last 4 seasons city has done well as well only to deflate later on. One thing I see is different this time is the fight in the team. I see them as an unit, fighting together. Any other season and we would've lost the everton game and Raheem wouldnt score in the 7th minute of injury time. So yeah, I am excited and I can already see us up there at the end of the season.

Just been thinking about how good this past week has been for City, so yes I'm excited but I have a feeling it wont be long before those in the high tower at the FA and their "contributors" hatch their next attempt to derail our season(sendings off, letting our players get hacked down all game risking injuries?).

The good thing is if there is something underhanded going on, the Walker and Sterling incidents came too soon and too close together without having the desired effect(still in a great position, spirits are high and the quality of football is reaching new heights), so they may have to wait a bit for their next attempt.

Unless they think they can use the "help from the Referee" angle(soft red... only a few stitches to his face etc) with the Mané red card to say "See it all evens out, some games you play against 10 men others you play with 10 men... look the ref made a decision and he's got it wrong but it's hard for referees, just carry on blindly accepting it please".

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.