Is anyone else not getting excited?

I thought they would be difficult to beat, but watching them v Stoke & Everton, I'm not sure that's the case.

Until Everton threw the towel in, they created more genuine scoring opportunities than Utd, & actually most of the ones Utd had were created by Everton.

They were bossing possession as well.

I thought Utd looked really poor tbh, surprisingly so.

I think with United it often comes down to the "Beaten before they start" : "Raise their game" ratio as far as their opponents are concerned, particularly at Old Trafford.

Under Ferguson that ratio was about 3:1 which meant that they often picked up points when not playing well. It was a huge factor in 11/12 and 12/13. Under Moyes and Van Gaal the ratio declined and then to some extent reversed. More teams actually enjoyed facing United, sensing that they could beat them.

Under Mourinho the ratio has started to revert back towards that of the Ferguson years. Its fueled by the hugely favourable media coverage they, and Mourinho, receive whenever they have a few good results. They're made out to be much better than they actually are which eventually has an affect on the mindset of their opponents.

I think with United it often comes down to the "Beaten before they start" : "Raise their game" ratio as far as their opponents are concerned, particularly at Old Trafford.

Under Ferguson that ratio was about 3:1 which meant that they often picked up points when not playing well. It was a huge factor in 11/12 and 12/13. Under Moyes and Van Gaal the ratio declined and then to some extent reversed. More teams actually enjoyed facing United, sensing that they could beat them.

Under Mourinho the ratio has started to revert back towards that of the Ferguson years. Its fueled by the hugely favourable media coverage they, and Mourinho, receive whenever they have a few good results. They're made out to be much better than they actually are which eventually has an affect on the mindset of their opponents.
Given our recent results do you think we will start to get that affect back?

I'm always and always will be excited at the start of the seasons be it "with abit of luck we could had a decent cup run maybe even sneak into Europe" or "we have a team and a manager capable of winning everything".

I just enjoy it game to game. We could go and lose tomorrow and it the moan merchants will be out. Its just about enjoying the week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.