Is football about winning or entertainment?

TheThirdDeano

The difference between the style between certain teams around the world varies wildly (case in point United vs City) and this has led to a debate between the delusional and the idealists about whether people watch football to watch people win or purely for entertainment.
So which is it for you?

For me it's about the entertainment above winning; why search for glory in someone else's achievements? Don't get me wrong seeing city win is nice but I'd probably stop buying tickets if we played like united

The difference between the style between certain teams around the world varies wildly (case in point United vs City) and this has led to a debate between the delusional and the idealists about whether people watch football to watch people win or purely for entertainment.
So which is it for you?

For me it's about the entertainment above winning; why search for glory in someone else's achievements? Don't get me wrong seeing city win is nice but I'd probably stop buying tickets if we played like united
Its about entertainment to a degree, but I've stuck it out through some shall we say "less entertaining" stuff watching City, so I'll take this right now as reward for that.

Football, in particular your team, once in your blood is very difficult to shake, so its not just about entertainment, and you keep going in the hope it gets better when its shite.

For many its also about mates as well, somewhere you go to get away from the routine, to have a laugh, so you create your own entertainment anyway.

Entertainment is part, no doubt, but it’s about winning and if you’re not winning, then it’s the hope of winning.

If you can be entertaining and win then it’s nirvana. We have reached that point......bliss..

Winning first. But, big clubs have a responsibility to showcase entertaining football.

It's about winning but it's nice to be entertained too.

How many times have I heard the phrase "It's not about winning but how you win that matters" then people conflate that with another saying that sticks in my gut " The united way"...what does that even mean?
;)

It's about winning but it's nice to be entertained too.

How many times have I heard the phrase "It's not about winning but how you win that matters" then people conflate that with another saying that sticks in my gut " The united way"...what does that even mean?
;)

Something to do with DNA

Entertainment, now we've experienced it, wins out for me. Many is the time, I've sworn, that's it! I'm not coming to watch these wankers ever again. Following weekend, "What time are we meeting for the match?" I truly believe, that the 'How did we not win that?' is better than, 'We were lucky to get away with that one', as the former means you are actually doing it right. Keep it up Pep

Winning.

As I've said in another thread, if we continue to entertain, and Mourinho continues to bore everyone, then it comes to fuck all if they win the league. It's about winning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.