Is now the right time to buy a house?

pirate said:
hope so, i completed on my house today
Congratulations :)
I feel blessed that I bought my first house in the area I was brought up in 19 years ago at the age of 19. I look at my kids now and wonder just how they will ever afford to be in the same situation.
If you Blues can afford it then go for it I say.
BTW my missus is an Estate Agent in Lymm and she reckons that since the start of the year there has been a confidence returning to the market.
Good luck !

Do it Deano.

I have to wait until my folks die until I have any chance of owning property. London is a bloody rip off!

mancmackem said:
At the tender age of 29 (30 in 3 weeks), I think the time is fast approaching to move out of the folks gaff and buy my own place. Don't want to rent as it is dead money, and I'm in a decent enough job.

Is now a good time to buy?

Yes and get your interest rate fixed for as long as possible, may never see rates this low again

cupidstunt said:
About 30 fucking years ago was the best time money wise
I bought my first house 30 years ago well paid off .
Now is a good time buyers market

johnny on the spot said:
My boiler broke three months ago.

Landlord's problem, no fucks given. Fixed inside a week.

Will be a small price to pay compared to someone paying his mortgage off for him. He would have had to pay for it if he was living there himself anyway.

In fact your rent may also pay for boiler insurance

johnmc said:
johnny on the spot said:
My boiler broke three months ago.

Landlord's problem, no fucks given. Fixed inside a week.

Will be a small price to pay compared to someone paying his mortgage off for him. He would have had to pay for it if he was living there himself anyway.

In fact your rent may also pay for boiler insurance

Totally OK with that. The British delusion of home ownership is bizarre. Bank or landlord, you're still paying someone so you can live where you live. You don't own your house.

Rent isn't entirely dead money as long as you have a decent landlord. Ours is great and we mutually agreed to bin the leeching agency two years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.