Is now the right time to buy a house?

johnny on the spot said:
johnmc said:
johnny on the spot said:
My boiler broke three months ago.

Landlord's problem, no fucks given. Fixed inside a week.

Will be a small price to pay compared to someone paying his mortgage off for him. He would have had to pay for it if he was living there himself anyway.

In fact your rent may also pay for boiler insurance

Totally OK with that. The British delusion of home ownership is bizarre. Bank or landlord, you're still paying someone so you can live where you live. You don't own your house.

Rent isn't entirely dead money as long as you have a decent landlord. Ours is great and we mutually agreed to bin the leeching agency two years ago.

Are you serious? You cant be.

johnmc said:
johnny on the spot said:
johnmc said:
Will be a small price to pay compared to someone paying his mortgage off for him. He would have had to pay for it if he was living there himself anyway.

In fact your rent may also pay for boiler insurance

Totally OK with that. The British delusion of home ownership is bizarre. Bank or landlord, you're still paying someone so you can live where you live. You don't own your house.

Rent isn't entirely dead money as long as you have a decent landlord. Ours is great and we mutually agreed to bin the leeching agency two years ago.

I am serious, I have no problem with renting.

johnny on the spot said:
johnmc said:
johnny on the spot said:

deluded, idiot or wum hard to decide

johnny on the spot said:
johnmc said:
johnny on the spot said:

No problem with you renting, thats fine. I mean about the rent not being dead money and the paying money to a bank being the same as a landlord?

foxy said:
Do it Deano.

I have to wait until my folks die until I have any chance of owning property. London is a bloody rip off!

same,i'll be renting for life...when i retire, im just gonna have whatever remaining pennies i have - fly to vegas and end it there.

johnmc said:
No problem with you renting, thats fine. I mean about the rent not being dead money and the paying money to a bank being the same as a landlord?

In my view, whether I'm paying a bank or a landlord, I owe somebody else money for the right to live where I live.

I understand that 'owning' grants you distinct rights above tenancy, but realistically I'm still paying someone for the right to live where I live.

You get a mortgage, you don't own your house. The bank owns it. You bought it, picked it out, decorated it, made it your own, matching door handles etc. The bank paid for it and the bank really owns it. You simply pay the mortgage for the right to live there.

Unless you walked up and wrote out a cheque or laid down the cash, the bank owns your house.

johnny on the spot said:
johnmc said:

In my view, whether I'm paying a bank or a landlord, I owe somebody else money for the right to live where I live.

I understand that 'owning' grants you distinct rights above tenancy, but realistically I'm still paying someone for the right to live where I live.

You get a mortgage, you don't own your house. The bank owns it. You bought it, picked it out, decorated it, made it your own, matching door handles etc. The bank paid for it and the bank really owns it. You simply pay the mortgage for the right to live there.

Unless you walked up and wrote out a cheque or laid down the cash, the bank owns your house.

But when the mortgage is paid off you own the house not the bank?

Around Europe only rich people have mortgages. Most people rent.

The way I see it is the money you put into a mortgage will only be going into a house, just like rent, people might upgrade or downgrade with the money if the house is sold but that money will still go into a house. The money only becomes worth something when you die.

ell said:
johnny on the spot said:
johnmc said:

But when the mortgage is paid off you own the house not the bank?

If you live that long. Then you give it away to your kids, who fight over selling it.

And yes hilts, I'm a total idiot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.