Is spending a fortune really the answer?

Buying expensive ready made players all the time from other clubs stifles the progress of any young academy talent. We need to improve and compete but I'd like to see young players coming through. If not we will just produce players for other clubs. Keiren Trippier anyone?

Fuck it, fuck the academy off and spend zillions. Seems to be what most want nowadays.
I would bite the bullet and try and get Keiran Trippier back he one quality player

Depending on what you read and who you believe Pep will have a huge amount of money to spend on players for next season .
Is it really necessary shell out so much? We have 34 players out on loan .if none of them are ready for the 1st team why did we get them in the first place ? We have loads of talent at the Academy but none have been developed or been trusted enough to play a major part in the Ist team .I would not have minded being without a trophy this season or even finishing out of the top 4 if i seen concistent progress and improvement in
the team .but sadly i havent .let us hope for a great end to this season so we can have optimism for the next one
It's a very long summer if we don't.

Come on mate, you know the rules, if you don't want to rim Pep then you're a rag.
Thats not the case at all.

Many can criticise Pep's shortcomings,and highlight where he could improve,without having to resort to derogatory/snide and sneering remarks normally associated with fans of rival clubs.

Its bizarre that so many of our own seem to enjoy attacking and belittling our manager at the first opportunity.Its not the contrary opinion that annoys people,its the way those opinions are delivered.

The constant negativity is hardwork,especially given the vast majority is both unfair and unfounded.Pep is far from perfect,he has made poor judgement calls,and ive no doubt he will make more......however,IMO,he has earnt the opportunity to be given the chance to prove his credentials and prove he's the real deal,if that involves spending more money,then so be it........for the sake of our best chance at future success,lets get behind the man and give him the support needed to do his very best.

I'm still convinced he will be the greatest manager this club has ever seen.

It depends on who is spending it. Let's just count ourselves lucky we didn't bring Txiki in at the beginning of Mansours takeover. He has been an unmitigated disaster with regard to transfers, and was more than likely kept on the promise of delivering the current manager. How that will unfold is far from certain despite what some predict.

Got to agree with this.

If Txixi remains the main man when it comes to identifying transfer targets, I fear Pep's job will be much harder than it needs to be. Although, from what I am hearing Pep has been given more control and say than any other previous City manager, including final say on transfer targets. Now, we know Pep is a decent manager, but how good is his track record at identifying decent players? I ask this in all seriousness as I genuinely don't know.

We also need to start showing some patience - as a club - and not jettison players just because they are not an instant success. I'm talking about players like Savic, Nastasic, Mangala, Schmeichel etc., who although struggling initially, had/have the potential to play at the highest level.

So, top and bottom, over next few windows, we need to clear the dead wood, start promoting from within, show more faith in players that have the potential to succeed, and invest only in top quality players (i.e. In the likes of Sane/Jesus rather than the likes of Delph/Fernando etc). A clear strategy on player retention and recruitment that has the right balance between buying, promoting and developing is vital if we are to succeed on a sustained basis.

the desire has to be there though from the EDS players to step up they train with first team quiet often so cant be showing enough

I think we can be more shrewd in the market for sure.

Some players we will obviously go all out on but I would like to see us go for the likes of Henrichs who we could probably get for 10m.

Gundogan last year was a very good price.

Hopefully one or two players from South America maybe.

Yes but not on players but bungs for FA, PGMOL and associated betting syndicate

And no I'm not joking, the Premier league has proven time and time again it I still corrupt

Sums it up.

We'd be in a final and within a point or two of the leaders.

****s
****s indeed.

I'm just hoping that the silence from our club regarding the "issues" we see on an almost weekly basis is due to the fact that behind the scenes we're secretly compiling an Italian Calciopoli style dossier on all the evil cvnts. I would FVCKING LOVE IT if Pep quietly sidled up to one of the whistling w@nkers pre-match and whispered the first 8 digits of the corrupt bastards mobile phone number into their ear, raised his eyebrows a little and then, with a knowing smile and cheeky little wink, asked him if he enjoyed the deep pan pepperoni pizza he ordered from Domino's last night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.