Is there a case for recalling Fernando

Very useful player to have in any squad but should only be brought in if any of current starting midfielders are either showing poor form and fatigue, cup games or to close games out.

I'd have no issue with a midfield three like we saw at Seville last year. Especially if we had Sané and Sterling out wide. Would need Jesus or Silva/De Bruyne in a 'false 9' though.

I do think that's the limitation of Fernando though. He really only excels in the traditional anchor man role and needs two more traditional centre mids with him. I don't think I'm alone in saying I don't like him in a 'two'.
It would have been interesting to see Fernando, Fernandinho and Gundogan in a defensive minded midfield.

Yes, with Sterling, Sane & GJ, all pressing. Obviously, it's not what we would prefer, we want DS & KDB, if we can do it, but away, in the Champs Lg, for example, in a situation where the oppo is trying to score, rather than trying to defend & hit us on the break, I think something like that could be deadly.

No because frankly he isn't very good and has never had a period where he plays well game after game. Toure is the man currently. We have been much better since he came back.

Fernando didn't even get picked for the FA Cup game at West Ham so I guess he along with Nolito, Navas and Kelechi are out of favour currently.

Yes, with Sterling, Sane & GJ, all pressing. Obviously, it's not what we would prefer, we want DS & KDB, if we can do it, but away, in the Champs Lg, for example, in a situation where the oppo is trying to score, rather than trying to defend & hit us on the break, I think something like that could be deadly.

I actually think Fernando has been at his most effective when we're on the attack and dominating possession.

He's really good at stopping counterattacks, winning the ball high up the pitch and pinning teams in when they get a chance to get out of their half.

Right issue to address, currently with the wrong personnel to deploy.

I shudder to think how good our team would have been this season if we had signed Kante and let him put out the fires, with Fernandinho doing the Yaya job of linking the play.

Not sure how many of those players are out there.

Pay top dollar for the lad at Dortmund - he'd be in the side for 10 years.

He has been used that way, but wouldn't we be better as an all round team with him in there? I think Silva, KDB, Sterling, Jesus/Aguero and Sane would still be able to score goals.
No. Yaya has been an absolute catalyst for success. Fernando would not improve us in any way shape or form.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.