Israel-Palestine Conflict

I have tried to explain why the current protests, whilst on the surface seem like a good development, are actually deeply depressing upon closer scrutiny, because they have very little to do with the genocidal actions in Gaza or the pogroms in the West Bank.

They are almost entirely to do with the general public’s anger over Netanyahu’s handling of the hostage return efforts, the deep distrust of him specifically, and trying to create an appearance of moderation and “we’re better than this, really”, without having to actually be moderate or better than what Netanyahu has done thus far.

From the polling data I have seen, and the conversations I have had with friends and family in Israel recently, I am not sure the far-right would actually lose much ground if elections were held in the next month, which is a sobering realisation.

Yup, even those reservists who threatened to withhold their service because of judicial reforms Bibi’s gang were trying to push aren’t speaking up against the occupation in the West Bank, apartheid, a d obviously the issues in Gaza. At the moment there isn’t much appetite to talk about the systemic issues….

And equally who are you to tell Hamas how to defend theirs?
Well, for one, I might mention invading, murdering and kidnapping innocent hostages is generally considered an offensive action that might result in an overwhelming force response from a country that can and will provide it, but you do you!

That's disheartening, but hasn't the general mood of the country changed somewhat over the last couple of months? Even if the tyrant stays in power, the lead up to an election could mean more vociferous protests. Not all of Israel sides with the committance of genocide.

Of course there are Israeli’s who are not for this slaughter but they are a very small minority and usually it’s the Arab Israeli minority who hold those views. The propaganda machine in Israel is also pretty extensive.

Their coverage of Gaza and the scope of the conflict is very narrow compared to even US/UK coverage. I mean it’s no secret Israel wants no independent journalists in Gaza so of course Israeli would suffer from lack of information too.

Interesting thoughts on Israel's drift to the right, the contradictions of 'liberal ' Zionism and it's inevitable demise and why he sees the current phase as the beginning of the end for the Zionist project.

^^^ From about 30 mins in.

Interesting stuff. But worrying as well. For both Jews and Arabs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.