It was eighteen years ago today.....

What a fucking day this was

Played out of our Skin and got relegated taking joke with us

Singing are you watching Macclesfield

Dodging tree stakes thrown from the 6 fingered brigade then back again (sure this is where idea for clash of clans came from)

Travelling back to train station on air conditioned bus (no fucking Windows left)

Yeah with my dad and granddad and a coach load of others as a 14 years old this was a horrible day all round, blues was everywhere in the ground more thrown out each time we scored. Won't forget this game for as long as I live when the scores of the other games kept coming through we all knew we was doomed, I've always disliked stoke from this day even though they came down with us! Wembley the year after was worth it tho!

I couldn't spell the word and couldn't be arsed to google it either pmsl.

Went with Woody that day with the Heywood lot. Great day.
I watched it in the dragon in Whitefield and remember going into work a couple of days later and the rags on your side and the rags on the bakery side being horrible gobshites....no surprises there!
Can't believe it was 18 years ago. .....wow.

I remember it all so vividly. It was a crazy day. Bricks galore and only one way out - over a bridge behind the car park where it kicked off properly.

City fans running the length of the pitch from the home end to dive head first into the away end. Peter Thorne, a Manchester lad who scored Stoke's two goals that day, saw his neighbour legging it across the pitch and his mate even shouted "alright Pete" as he ran past.

Dozens of people chucked out.

A masterful performance from the players that amounted to nothing. I remember when Goater lobbed Southall the celebrations in our end were mental.

City fans waiting behind at the end singing "we want City" as the police horses formed a cordon across the pitch.

Someone touched on it earlier but our away support was f**king fantastic in those days.

Blimey 18 years! Foolishly went into Stoke after the game in colours as I was working in Blythe Bridge those days (just south of Stoke) and knew a good Indian. Not sure how we got out alive, but the Nann breads were the size of dustbin lids! Amazing memories, and puts whinging at Kolarov versus Mane into perspective a bit.

I was 16 and took a punch to the face after the game off some bloke and my Dad was ready for ripping his head off! He was that angry the bloke walked away sharpish, well done Dad!haha

Watched In Minorca with my now wife. She wasn't impressed with my mood at final whistle. Was it port vale that stayed up at our expense, remember someone gobbing off about the mighty vale, I think.
Had had a few beers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.