It's quiet 10, no apologies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rammy Blue said:
Goo said:
Inzi said:
i think its stupendous if we get both hazard and bale. its too much. silva nasri hazard and bale for 2 spots in the team? no, too much quality

Could this be the shape of our team next season?

...................................Hart/Pantilimon....................................

Richards/Zab........Kompany/Rekik...........Lescott/Kolo..........Clichy/Bale

......................Yaya/Harrera............Barry/De Jong.......................

Silva/Milner......................Tevez/Aguero.....................Nasri/Hazard

...................................Balotelli/Dzeko.....................................

???

I'd be worried if we started the season with those 4 centre halves - if Kolo stays then we need one more decent player, maybe Vertonghen?

I'd also expect us, assuming Carlos stays, to unload one of Balo or Dzeko and replace with any out of RVP, Cavani, Falcao etc.

Don't know why everyone is so worried about our defense next year.

As it stands we have the strongest defense in the league, and in the last 5 matches have conceded 1 goal, and stopped united from having a shot on target in 90 mins.

The problem is, you're never going to find a top class defender who will be happy to play cup games/wait for Komp or Lescott to get injured. Having a strong central defensive partnership is crucial to a team and rotating regularly in this position will spell disaster in my opinion.

Where Savic is concerned, people have ignored the fact that he's only played with Kompany once this season. That was against Villareal where we won 3-0 away. When introducing a new young CB to a team it's unfathomably important to do so next to your rock in the back four. For the scum they had to put Evans in with Camelgob and it was terrible for a while. If it had been with Vidic this might have been a different story. Anyway, I believe Savic has more to give played a long side our captain and enforcer in the back, he will grow far more than if he plays along side Lescott.

That's not to say Lescott isn't a rock, he's a fantastic defender, I just think playing next to a leader like Komps would do Savic the world of good.

I would also love Vertonghen in our team, but the only position I can see him playing regularly is in midfield and then being pushed back into a CB position if needed.

Hart
Zaba - Komps - Lescott - Clichy
Yaya - Barry
Silva - Nasri - Hazard/Tevez
Aguero/Dzeko
Nasri's Best Position is in the middle,Silva wont be affected playing at the right cause he is floater and roams around the whole pitch.Hazard on the left doing his thing.What we need other then hazard is a good CB cause Savic will be either out or on loan next season.A better version of Barry because of his age and because Nige slows the attack.Moving out Dzeko or Balo,I always thought that we were gonna let Dzeko go but last night at Newcastle i saw him come on and play with the same intensity,unlike Balo who would have sulked around,as ever and i want him to stay because his a constant threat and our crosses are pointless without him and are wasted on Tevez and Aguero he gives us another dimesnion and maybe hazard coming on might help him,he only needs to sort out his touch.

-------------------------------------Hart/Pantilimon

Richards/Zabaleta-----Kompany/Kolo------Lescott/Vertonghen-----Clichy/Alba

---------------------------Yaya/Milner----------Herrera/Barry

-----Silva/Nasri-------------------Aguero/Guidetti------------Hazard/Johnson

-------------------------------------Tevez/Dzeko

Maybe like this?

Goo said:
Rammy Blue said:
Goo said:
Could this be the shape of our team next season?

...................................Hart/Pantilimon....................................

Richards/Zab........Kompany/Rekik...........Lescott/Kolo..........Clichy/Bale

......................Yaya/Harrera............Barry/De Jong.......................

Silva/Milner......................Tevez/Aguero.....................Nasri/Hazard

...................................Balotelli/Dzeko.....................................

???

I'd be worried if we started the season with those 4 centre halves - if Kolo stays then we need one more decent player, maybe Vertonghen?

I'd also expect us, assuming Carlos stays, to unload one of Balo or Dzeko and replace with any out of RVP, Cavani, Falcao etc.

As it stands we have the strongest defense in the league, and in the last 5 matches have conceded 1 goal, and stopped united from having a shot on target in 90 mins.

The problem is, you're never going to find a top class defender who will be happy to play cup games/wait for Komp or Lescott to get injured. Having a strong central defensive partnership is crucial to a team and rotating regularly in this position will spell disaster in my opinion.

Where Savic is concerned, people have ignored the fact that he's only played with Kompany once this season. That was against Villareal where we won 3-0 away. When introducing a new young CB to a team it's unfathomably important to do so next to your rock in the back four. For the scum they had to put Evans in with Camelgob and it was terrible for a while. If it had been with Vidic this might have been a different story. Anyway, I believe Savic has more to give played a long side our captain and enforcer in the back, he will grow far more than if he plays along side Lescott.

That's not to say Lescott isn't a rock, he's a fantastic defender, I just think playing next to a leader like Komps would do Savic the world of good.

I would also love Vertonghen in our team, but the only position I can see him playing regularly is in midfield and then being pushed back into a CB position if needed.
Savic is just not good enough

greasedupdeafguy said:
Goo said:
Rammy Blue said:

I think the jury is still out on it. While his performances have been somewhat poor, given the circumstances of the games he's played it's too hard to tell. We know our coaching staff can spot/develop potential (Micah, Hart, Lescott, Zab etc) so if he stays another season, I have faith the staff can make him into a better defender, worthwhile having at our club.

Goo said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Goo said:

I think the jury is still out on it. While his performances have been somewhat poor, given the circumstances of the games he's played it's too hard to tell. We know our coaching staff can spot/develop potential (Micah, Hart, Lescott, Zab etc) so if he stays another season, I have faith the staff can make him into a better defender, worthwhile having at our club.
Let him go out on loan somewhere, we cant risk him as he almost messed up our title challenge single handedly with the mistakes vs spurs and swansea. He was also shocking against liverpool in the cc. Rekik looks class though and hopefully we can bring in martinez as he can play cb and cm so we could keep the lescott and kompany partnership together but still give games to martinez something we couldnt do if we sign vertonghen or thiago silva.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.