It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I wasn't having a go at Walker's quality.

I was making a flippant point that Maddison and Chilwell are sick notes.

As Walker has been injured this season I just said they'd be joining him in the treatment room.

Gundogan was a sick note too and he's done okay for us. Maddison and Chilwell are both players who would improve us and I'd be happy with the club signing them if the price is right and there are no alternatives offering better value.

The performances of our players, at least in terms of assessment on this forum, can depend a lot on how much we paid for the player and where they came from. Alvarez for example is very highly rated, works very hard yet Torres was often criticised for having very little impact and not being good enough. Both have the same scoring rate for City so far at 1 in 3 games, and Torres is a year younger. Mahrez was our top scorer last season and in really good form at the moment, but one bad game and people will ignore that and go back to him missing a penalty at Anfield or against West Ham. We just have tunnel vision with certain players.

We were talking about Akanji being the buy of the summer initially, and then his form dipped and then it's "now we know why Dortmund let him go". The transfer market is mental. Caicedo at Brighton is never a £60m or £70m player. They bought him for £4m. Gordon is never a £45m player. Fernandez at £100m is madness too. There are deals out there though, if we keep operating the way we are.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if we sign him.

People told me the same about Phillips when I said he was mediocre and injury prone.

Maddison is capable of scoring lovely goals but he isn't on the level of Bernardo, KDB etc.

We should keep at the levels of Bernardo and KDB and not regress with getting nice, decent-ish players.

But it seems that's the way the club want to go.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if we sign him.

Even more so, with Pep lighting a fire under him?

He's had Rodgers and still managed to shine.

Coming in to his prime years, relatively low price, homegrown, Premier League tested and a brilliant eye for a pass.

No brainer for the club, and reminds me a bit of Bruno Fernandes, minus the rat features.

Only issue for me would be his recent injuries.

People told me the same about Phillips when I said he was mediocre and injury prone.

Maddison is capable of scoring lovely goals but he isn't on the level of Bernardo, KDB etc.

We should keep at the levels of Bernardo and KDB and not regress with getting nice, decent-ish players.

But it seems that's the way the club want to go.
I mean no one could do anything if they are injured.

Maddison is a much better footballer technically than Phillips, and his injury record isn't nearly as bad.

What levers they had pulled for that?

Probably had to pull one to make the phonecall. Cheap fuckers.

Had the money to splash in the Summer on other players but not on Bernardo yet he still has his knickers wet for them. Have some self-worth Bernie lad!!

Even more so, with Pep lighting a fire under him?

He's had Rodgers and still managed to shine.

Coming in to his prime years, relatively low price, homegrown, Premier League tested and a brilliant eye for a pass.

No brainer for the club, and reminds me a bit of Bruno Fernandes, minus the rat features.

Only issue for me would be his recent injuries.
Think we'll be waiting until the summer for this one, if it does indeed happen. Did City really expect Leicester to accept a loan bid?

FWIW Maddison is one of the best free-kick takers around.

James Maddison is close to Ward-Prowse in terms of goalscoring stats.

Maddison = 14 direct goals from last 100 free-kicks taken
Ward-Prowse = 16 direct goals from last 100 free-kicks taken

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.